Shelley and I
Oh, back up a step. Before the parade, Shelley (my sister-in-law) and I ran the 5K. It was fun to have someone else to run with! She kinda kicked my butt, but next year....:)
Our Dads watching the parade
Me & Bri
My parents and younger siblings all came out for the parade, and we got a nice horse urine puddle right in front of us. You can take the girls off the ranch....but it follows them wherever they go?? lol.Clark & his nephew. Nice face, Clark. :)
My lifeguards and the pool float. They did it all on their own.
After the parade I ran to Clark's parents for a bite to eat then headed to the pool to get everything ready for opening day. I had been there until 10:30 the night before getting things set up; it was just a bit crazy. I found out how to run the lockers and got a key to the building at 9:00 the night before we opened! :)The pool was open for a few hours, and then a kid pooped in it, so we shut down for the day, since we only had an hour and a half left. We got about 700 people in four hours, so it was a pretty good turnout.
Clark and I went to his sister Shelley's to watch the fireworks with them and the kids. Clark's mom and brother came out, too. My father-in-law is a fireman so he lights the fireworks every year. We ended up leaving early because we were so tired. It was pretty windy so we almost didn't get fireworks.
And that was pretty much the big holiday! I had to work but I got paid double time so Clark and I went shopping the other day. :)

4 comments:
Ummm, I so did NOT kick your butt!! July 1st is pretty fun here isn't it - hopefully next year you can relax and eat and rodeo all day with us!
And hello - what did you buy shopping??
ttys
Oh, I miss Canada Day in Raymond. We went every year (until my Grandma died). Fun times!
A shopping trip can sure make up for a lot!! Love ya!
I miss you Kins! I've read your whole blog and checked your facebook page and now I feel a little caught up on your life. By the way, I'm connecting my blog to yours...some day soon, when I update my blog! Anyway, just wanted to say love you, miss you, mean it, bye!
Post a Comment