Sunday, December 16, 2012

More Summer Fun


August started out with a family reunion on my side, out in the middle of nowhere at my uncle's house, which is a few miles from where I grew up. I forced Clark to go on a driving tour with me and I talked his ear off - SO many memories!! Made me homesick, since my parents don't live there anymore. And now I'm getting homesick just talking about it.

Ava and I by the river - Clark took her out in the water (it was ankle deep where we were) and she pulled her hat off and it went floating down the river. Her gorgeous pink hat lost forever. Clark was happy, I was sad that her bald head was going to get sunburned. The next day my sister was down at the river with my cousins at the swimming hole down from where we were, and wouldn't you know it? She found that pink hat!




My uncle the farmer. Checking out the crop.


It was so hot - shade was a good thing.





Lovin' some Taber corn! :)



And watermelon - she loved watermelon this summer! Juice dripping down her chin, what a mess. But I can't blame her, it's good stuff.



My grandma with three of her kids, watching the "rodeo"

The kids chasing and trying to catch a greased pig




Ava going for her first ride on a calf.


"Dad, what are you doing??" Haha


My nephew Gab making friends with the poor calf.


The spectators

After the reunion, we went camping with my parents and siblings. Clark came down in the afternoon after work.

Yes, that is my tan line. Wow.



My mom is the most amazing camp cook. :)


My sister Kelsey

Me and my sister Bri going for a little kayak. My mom was so nice to stay with Ava so I could go.


We had this giant tractor tube and Clark and my dad used it to float down the river with us.


Grandma and Ava! :)


Sisters!


My parents are so sweet to each other



Back on a horse!! It had been way too long.




My dad is so good at entertaining grandkids



Loving some pancakes for breakfast


Playing in the river




I love my family! :)

We went on a few rides - for this one I tried to explain to my sisters how to tie the Moby wrap, but on my back. Haha it wasn't quite right but it worked! She fell asleep and had a nap during our ride.





Megan and Gavin

My dad! This horse is a character. My sister would use a stronger word. Ha. He was a drop-off (you know how people drop dogs off in the country when they don't want them anymore? That's what happened with this horse, basically.) Anyway, Nicky has been around for a long time.

 

Sound asleep!


No comments: