2. I can't wait for warmer weather! I need to get outside. I am excited to get out for walks to the park with the girls.
3. I told too many people that Emma just slept and I could just put her down in the swing and she was fine. That doesn't happen anymore. Even when I am certain she is asleep, if I lay her down she is awake and fussing or crying within a couple of minutes. Even tightly wrapped up. It's almost 11 pm, Ava is finally asleep and Emma is fussy and needing to be held. And not sleeping. My arms and my back ache from holding her all day. Today has been one of those days where I have constantly been reminding myself how fast this stage goes by and to enjoy the constant holding because before long she won't want to hold still and be held. It's so tiring when you don't get any breaks from kids around the clock. Some day Ava will just go to bed right? And sleep through the night? And I'll miss spending two hours getting her to bed every night? ;)
4. Ava informed me today that when she grows up she wants to be the mom. I'm sure she got that from a show but I still thought it was cute. I am trying to remember to write down the things she says. She "helped" me hang some pictures on the wall and put up the regular decor (not much!) after Christmas and she keeps saying "Mom I want to decorate." Today was, "Let's go downstairs and see what we can decorate."
5. I have an engagement shoot on Thursday! I am not actually really back to shooting yet but I have a bride and groom who needed engagement photos (I'm shooting their wedding this summer) so we had to fit it in. Hopefully we don't freeze too badly! My sister is watching the girls - Emma has never had a bottle so hopefully that all works out just fine. My first wedding is in May and she'll have to take bottles then. :/
6. Emma really is a good baby. She gets fussy but not colicky like her sister was and she is pretty good overnight once she finally goes down for the night. She does like to be held constantly but she is usually pretty happy as long as mom is holding her.
7. I went shopping with some Christmas money and bought a couple of things. It's hard to spend money on clothes when you want something to wear, but you want to lose weight first! Thank goodness for sisters - there is no way I would have attempted the mall with my kids on my own at this point.
8. Ava's pigtails turned into more of a Pippy Longstocking kind of hairdo during her nap today. When I put her in her PJs I thought she was just so stinkin' cute and I just wanted to freeze time. My little girl with her cute messy pigtails won't be so little for very long. I feel like I am having more of an adjustment to a new baby than she is - I miss her! It's hard to not be able to spend as much time with her, and to play with her when she wants me to. Today I held Emma while Ava and I marched all over the house (the bubble guppies had a marching band) and kicked the soccer ball back and forth and played hide and seek and Ring around the Rosie and while I chased her (her favorite). Kind of hard with one arm but we did it! And now this mom is tired. :)
9. I made a batch of cookie dough and formed balls and froze them so it would be easy to just stick them on a pan and bake them. They are also super easy to pull out of the freezer and eat. Too easy! I don't think any of them will actually get baked, honestly.
10. I am sold on freezer meals! I need to re-stock my freezer. And not just with pre-made casseroles/crockpot stuff - I love having stuff in the freezer that I can grab to make cooking easier/faster like chopped onion, and chopped peppers, and cooked chicken. And pizza and pie dough. And cookie dough. I might just get up and go get some. Actually Emma is asleep now so I am off to bed. :)
1 comment:
Hi Kinsey! I loved your post. It is hard to have a new baby for sure, but enjoy every moment, because you are right, they grow up too fast, and you will miss those babies!
Post a Comment