Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This is the latest facebook thing, and I got tagged so I decided to do it. It was harder than I thought to come up with 25 things!


1. I love cereal, and I love big bowls of it.

2. I LOVE steak. And beef in general. Tucanos and The Keg are two of the best places in the world.

3. I was a nail biter my whole life until I found out Clark was giving me an engagement ring. Haven't bitten them since.

4. I grew up on a ranch, and I miss it. A lot. I love the smell of branding smoke. And prairie. And horses.

5. I LOVE taking pictures - you probably didn't already know that...I also love editing pictures.

6. I love planning. Pretty much anything. When I was 13 I made up a horse club for my siblings and I put on a horse show with 5 participants. Luckily, all of our parents were super supportive and it was really fun. I still have my Horsin' Around t-shirt. I am loving planning my wedding.

7. I love shoes. And shopping.

8. I'm a country girl. I just don't love cities. I love country music, and living out in the middle of nowhere, and seeing cowboys on BYU campus (it's a rare find). I love small towns.

9. Typos, spelling errors, and small grammatical errors (like to/too, or their/they're/there) bug me. In signs, books, etc. The latest one was the wallpaper on all the computers in a computer lab.There was an 'S' missing in an obvious spot. I actually thought about telling the lab attendant, but realized I shouldn't give into my weirdness like that.

10. I love Miss Vicky's regular chips. Clark's dad put one in a fire once to show us how much fat they contained, but it didn't deter me. They do burn really good.

11. I love reading, but lately I rarely read anything that isn't a textbook or required for class.

12. I met my fiance a year before we actually started dating. We had a really nice conversation about how we both went to BYU, and I told him all about my summer job, etc., and we talked for quite awhile. It was a really good conversation, but for some reason I wasn't interested and he didn't ask me out because he could tell I wasn't interested, and he was interested in someone else, and so we didn't hook up until a year later. He also worked at the little grocery store right beside my dorms, so we probably saw each other my freshman year, but never met.

13. I once got talked into running for Miss Cornfest (if you're from Taber and know the lady that talked me into it, you wouldn't be surprised--it's just easier to give in). It was actually pretty fun, even though it was summer and I worked on a ranch so I missed a lot of the activities. I didn't win, but I got first runner-up. It's actually embarrassing, but I'm having a hard time coming up with 25 things to share. The prizes were good.

14. I have a small belly button.

15. I've never been outside Canada and the United States, but one of my dreams is to travel to Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, France, Germany, and Mexico. And anywhere else that comes up and isn't too scary.

16. I'm afraid of heights. Like, paralyzingly so. I can fly in planes, but climbing up onto anything tall scares me.

17. I love running and going to the gym. Sometimes I forget that when I get busy, like this past week, but once I get back in there I'm hooked. I'm already excited for the Ladiesfest (8K) I'm running in June. Hopefully most of my sisters will be running it with me. A half-marathon is on my life list, and I'm thinking about one in October. And I love yoga and Pilates.

18. I like to cook, but I never do as a college student.

19. When I grow up, I want to be a photographer, event planner, writer, landscape designer, and chef.

20. I've always wanted to live in Southern Alberta, but I always thought, for some reason, that I would end up in Texas. Luckily, I met Clark, and I get to live the dream.

21. I'm a big list-maker. Before I pack for a trip, I make a list. I make to-do lists all the time, and I've made a list of 101 things I want to do in 1001 days, and a life list, and a list of things I have to do before I get married, and a list of things I need to do for my wedding, and a list of things I need to do before I leave BYU, and a list of books I want to read, and a list of big assignments this semester, and a list of places I want to see. I just love making lists.

22. I love volleyball, racquetball, tennis, basketball, ultimate, horseback riding and badminton. One of the requirements I had for my future husband was that he played basketball. Luckily, Clark passed easily. I fell in love with him watching him play basketball. :) I'm only average at athletic endeavors, but I have big dreams for my kids. If my boys don't play basketball and football, and my girls don't play volleyball, I'm not sure what I'm going to do (can you tell I'm from So. Ab.??).

23. I like getting all dressed up for things. I also like hanging out in my apartment in sweats and my fuzzy pink slippers.

24. I like going out to eat. I like to try new places. I once went on a date with a guy who went to El Salvador on his mission, and he took me to an El Salvadorian restaurant in Provo. It was sweet. In high school, Osho's was my favorite place ever. Probably the only thing I miss about high school is the Osho's trips.

25. I don't really like pets. On a ranch, I loved having animals around, but the dogs could stay outside and you didn't have to walk them. In town, I don't want pets because I don't want to have to put that much work into them. And no pets in my house. Ever.

2 comments:

CGibb said...

I LOVE Ms Vicki's chips too. I used to be obsessed with the Smoky BBQ in high school, but they stopped making them.

Kinsey said...

oh yeah! I loved Smoky BBQ too!