Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Going home!

So, Clark was here last weekend, and I'm going home in ten days! Since it's a long weekend, I'm skipping a day of class to make it an extra-long weekend and I can't wait. I'll make it home in time for Valentine's Day, which will be really cool, because I've never been dating anyone on Valentine's Day. I've come within a couple of weeks, but never on the day. So, I'm excited! :) This is my chance to impress Clark with my amazing culinary talent...

I need to fit in a day of wedding stuff with my mom while I'm home. We are still deciding on the location of our reception. We have two places in mind, and the church is booked just in case. We have our basic invitation design down, but right now it's a square, and I just found out that the postage for a square envelope is 20 cents more than a rectangle one, because it has to be hand-sorted. So, we might just make our lives easier by sending out rectangles. We'll see.

I was talking to a girl in one of my classes today, since we're in the same group and were working together, and she's getting married in 9 days. I can't even imagine that far ahead! Clark and I have 102 days to go (I don't count, I just look at theknot.com). Anyway, her ring is really similar to mine (which is cool), and she is marrying a rancher boy in Wyoming, and she's going to be a ranch-wife! How do those city girls end up with the country boys? Haha I'm glad I get to live in a small town, but it does have a restaurant, so I'll get to feed my family unhealthy Chinese food when I really really just can't face the thought of cooking. And when I just really really feel like Chinese food! That's something Clark and I have in common.

2 comments:

chelseyk17 said...

mmmmmmmm....chinese food, so bad but so good...

Michelle and Andy said...

I remember wanting square invitations, and the 20 cents is what changed our minds, too.

Also, we ended up mailing our Canadian ones from the BYU Bookstore (Pack & Ship) through DHL--and their regular price was 30 cents each, but we got the bulk discount so they ended up being 13 cents each!! The church has a discount with them. So it was (much) cheaper for us to mail our invites to Canada than to mail the ones within the US (USPS). So you might want to look into that! :)