Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just another day in the kitchen...

This is embarassing, but funny, so I thought I would share.

I was cooking vegetables, and I turned on the wrong burner. I had a frying pan on that burner that I had cooked something in earlier. And it got really hot. When I finally realized that the vegetables weren't heating up, but the empty pan was, I grabbed it off the burner and set it on.....a cutting board?? Yeah, a plastic cutting board. Probably one of my best moments, hands down!


Here's what the pan looked like as I furiously tried to scrub the melted plastic off:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Then as I kept scrubbing...

Photobucket


Here is the nice cutting board:

Photobucket


Some big chunks I managed to peel off...

Photobucket


Almost there...

Photobucket


Ta-da!!!

Photobucket


Pile of plastic:

Photobucket


And yes, I had a lot more fun taking pictures than scrubbing off the plastic. It might have been worth it. :)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Haha! If that is the worse kitchen fiasco you are going to be OK!

chelseyk17 said...

kinz, that totally made me laugh! i love how you did a play by play with the pics! oh, so fun!

Michelle and Andy said...

Haha, that is so funny that you took pictures as you went. :) Love it. Glad it came off! I'm surprised I haven't done that yet, I always turn on the wrong burner!