Friday, June 5, 2009

The first few weeks...

Today was a busy day at work! I basically just took registrations for summer games all day (Southern Alberta Summer Games ). I tried to work on a pamphlet about the pool to mail out to the community, and line up lifeguards to work security shifts watching the unfenced pool (it was supposed to be fenced in a couple of weeks ago!), finish up lifeguard and lesson scheduling and a book of policies and procedures for the pool and deliver letters requesting sponsorship of our summer games t-shirts. Way too much to do on the final day of summer games registration. I know I'll get a lot of calls on Monday from people who missed the deadline and still want to go. Which is why I set the deadline for today, even though I have 2 more days to get them all in. Once they fill out their form and pay their fee I have to manually enter all of the info online--I have a nice stack left for Monday and Tuesday! I love my job, though. Clark's right--my job is  fun!

Tonight after work I had to go watch the pool until one of my lifeguards came, so Clark brought me Subway, and even splurged on the Chicken, Bacon & Ranch! :) Clark had his nephew with him, so we came home and played Wii and made chocolate chip cookies. Daine even put the cookie dough into little balls and placed them on the cookie sheet all by himself. He was especially excited about the HUGE ones he made! And Clark says they were great! Nice work Daine.

Clark received a call to work with the Young Men in our ward, so his Tuesday night golfing plans have pretty much been cancelled. I got called to teach the 9-year-old Valiants. I'm supposed to teach on Sunday, but the Primary President hasn't dropped off the manual yet so I'm not sure what we'll be doing in class!

Married life is good - I've learned that Clark snores and he's learned that I am always cold. Especially on the warmest day of the summer so far. Let's just say that where I work, once the A/C gets going, it works REALLY well. And it's great to use your winter jackets all year round.

I helped my cousin Eric shoot a wedding last weekend, which was so fun! I got to use one of his bodies and we switched lenses back and forth which was awesome. I'm supposed to do a grad shoot tomorrow and people have been telling me it's forecasted to snow!! Hello Southern Alberta. Clark and I have decided to move. Maybe to Texas. But probably not.

I LOVE our computer and the grad present Clark so generously gave me - all the software I wanted to go with it! He watches baseball and I look at/edit pictures - it's great. Except it doesn't happen very often because, duh, I get cold and have to go snuggle with my hubby. One of these days... :)

We have a pretty good system going around here so far - I cook and Clark does the dishes. I made hot dogs yesterday so I did the dishes today to make up for it. :) Anyway we're doing great!

Here's a random photo of Clark in our backyard:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Daine had so much fun making cookies - best aunt ever! And I really should have warned you about the office! When I worked there it was the same - always had to wear a sweater even if it was 30C outside!

Susan said...

Thanks for the update...I am having Kinsey withdrawals:( Good picture of Clark!