I wanted to be done Christmas shopping before December hit, but it didn't happen. Then, the crazy snow storm hit and all I wanted to do was stay inside! I finally emerged and hit a few stores the other night, so I crossed a few things off my list, but I still have a bit more to do. Is it too late for online shopping??
I had big plans for Christmas treats, too, so I've been trying to set up a day of treat making with my mom and sisters, but so far we haven't nailed down a good time.
I cooked a roast the other day. I decided it was about time, since we've been married for almost 7 months roast-free (well we've eaten a lot of Nancy's, but I haven't cooked one). We were going to have our own dinner, but then we got invited to a family one, so we decided to do that instead. However, I had put the roast in the fridge, and I wasn't sure about freezing it after it had been in the fridge for a couple of days, so I decided I had better just get it cooked (the sign says meat=2-3 days in fridge). I ended up using my crock pot, and Clark really wanted to cook it in Dr. Pepper. I've heard of pork done that way, but not beef, but I thought what the heck! So we dumped in a can. I promise that sometimes, I cook normal meals and nothing goes wrong. Anyway, nothing actually went wrong this time, either - the roast turned out really well and it tasted really good! So I'm that much closer to being domestic. Hallelujah.
I am working on another thing on my 101 list - the 'learn a word a day for 3 weeks' one, so I subscribed to Dictionary.com's word of the day emails. Some of the words I've been learning are seriously ones I have never heard of in my life. The first two days, they sent pretty normal words so I was worried that I wasn't going to be learning anything new, but check these out:
myrmidon
roborant
gallimaufry
nonplus
fatuous
bonhomie
ratiocination
The downside to learning these words is that there might just be a couple of them that would get me some really weird looks if I ever actually used them in every day speak. And that's pretty much the only place I would get to use them! :) But, if I'm ever reading a book with one of these words in it, I will have a better grasp of what the author is tring to get across without grabbing a dictionary, so that's great right? Haha
3 comments:
dr. pepper with your roast? zack loves dr. pepper, so i kind of want to try it. zack likes his roast done in a roaster in the oven. do you think i could just throw the dr. pepper in kind of like you did with the crockpot? ps - did it taste any different with the dr. pepper than without it?
Kinsey, I have to get you my Cafe Rio recipe. It's so yummy and I know both you and Clark will truly be able to appreciate it. You won't believe how easy it is!
Those words are crazy!! Don't try them out on me and make me feel stupid, OK?!!
Post a Comment