Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy.

Friday and Saturday I was feeling completely stressed out about work. I think that there are some people who think I do nothing all day (I always get the question - "what do you do??" by locals), but I do enough to be completely overwhelmed sometimes. I even asked for an assistant, and I basically got one (our resident intern had her internship extended by a year, so for the second year, starting in April, she's mine! :)), but she's gone for most of this month, when I need her the most. Killer! :( Anyway, I'm sure this post will be a little bit of a venting session but if you're curious as to what the heck I do all day at the Town Hall, read on! ;)

The week before we went to Vegas I had a list of things I wanted to get done, like getting completely caught up on editing and album creating, and cleaning my house. That didn't happen. I had meetings 3 out of 5 nights and I was tired and it just didn't happen. I did get laundry done, and basic cleaning, and some editing, just not everything I wanted to. But Vegas was great! I am craving the banana cream cheesecake I had at Cheesecake Factory - it was sooo good! I first had it on my honeymoon, and it was just as good the second time.

The day after we got back from Vegas I discovered that Clark gave me what he had, some weird cold bug, so we spent the weekend in bed or on the couch. Yuck. No runny nose/congestion or anything, just the worst aches and pains and a fever. The first day back at work I worked a 10-hr day and was still tired from being sick, and the second day back I worked a 14-hr day (it involved travelling and meetings). And the whole 14-hr day didn't help me cross one thing off my work to-do list. I just came back to more things to do! Haha I guess that's how it goes.

So, my to do list for March basically looks like this:


Work - Day Job
- Make Town monthly newsletter, copy and distribute.
- Format golf newsletter and flier for the golf course.
- Spend 2 days updating my first aid.
- Take lifeguard applications
- Finalize summer pool schedule, including lifeguard courses (find a new instructor), swimming lessons, etc. Meet with swim club.
- Design pool guide, get proofread and get to printer (I'm not a graphic designer so this probably takes me longer than it should)
- Finalize (also, start) planning Spring/Summer programming, like fitness classes, events, kid's camps, come up with new programs for the gurf)
- Design spring/summer leisure guide, get proofread and get to printer
- Get all sport chairs confirmed (phone calls, asking about people, and asking people to do it) and plan and hold Summer Games 2012 launch meeting. We are hosting the Southern Alberta Summer Games in 2012 with close to 3000 people attending (~2000 athletes)and I am the coordinator.
- Chair another Remembrance Day planning committee meeting. This year is 11-11-11-11 and it's going to be BIG. By order of Council.
- Chair another Heritage Days comittee meeting. Type and distribute minutes from the last one.
- Start planning for the road race in July.
- Plan SummerFest - new this year in conjunction with HoopFest and the triathlon over the August long weekend. I'm open to ideas! We're looking at a "Raymond's Got Talent" type competition, and lots of fun things for the kids
- Coordinate the Bike Rodeo, work with regional committee, get a few more sponsors, coordinate a schedule to get 600 kids through in 4 hour, give or take, spend a whole day making cotton candy, buy door prizes
- Keep website up to date
- Monitor badminton night every Wednesday night
- Monitor facebook page
- Work on a really big secret assignment that everyone kind of knows and spreads rumors about. :)
- Come up with 2-page report to Council on something they requested (I know, I have secrets).
- Get fee structure through Council so fees in Leisure Guide are all approved
- Answer the phone every 5 minutes (a lot of days!)
- Monitor registration software - approve new account, troubleshoot any patron problems
- Distribute soccer registration forms and fliers (design fliers) - behind!!
- Work soccer registration nights, help register kids when parents come in.
- Coordinate ice arena bookings for summer (with the gurf in - we've already booked a football camp, soccer camp, family reunion, and we almost booked a dog racing event called "flyball" - check out youtube and prepare to be amazed, or have a good laugh that it's a sport. :))
- Whatever else comes up! Which it inevitably does. And I probably missed a few things.


Photography
- Finish editing on wedding from January
- Design a few albums
- Shoot new sessions (just a couple booked this month)
- Finish editing from sessions shot in February/March.
- Sit down and go over all my notes from WPPI, plan 2011
- I would like to style a shoot just for fun. We'll see! :)
- Send my camera and lens in for a check-up
- Correspondence (wedding inquiries and consultations)
- Blogging


Life
- Keep up on laundry, cleaning and cooking
- Go grocery shopping a couple of times
- Keep up my running for the half marathon in May
- Primary Presidency meetings
- Squeeze in some Clark time
- Have one?? Haha! :)




Clark is working overtime for tax season, so when I work late every day he won't really notice, so that's nice!? It's crazy how short a month seems when you have things to get done. What's a week? How did I ever think that was a long time?? I've heard that life doesn't slow down, it just keeps getting faster and faster. I'm not ready for that!

I do love my job, and I love photography, and I love being able to run a half marathon. And making these lists is making me feel a little bit more organized! :) My job has changed so much over the last year. When I was hired, my job was Pool Supervisor - I had to supervise whatever happened at the pool. And that was busy. Then they decided to keep me on full-time (yay!) and the job description keeps on growing! It's great but some days it's just a lot. Tonight I'm home at 6:30 and I have no meetings to go to!! I haven't had a free night in awhile - I'm going to clean up my kitchen and do a ton of editing. Yay! :)

6 comments:

chelseyk17 said...

wow! i saw your work list, and my jaw dropped ... then i saw the photography stuff and "life." you are crazy, woman! but i still love you!

Amy said...

Wow you are one busy woman!! If you ever get a spare second we should hang out?! I know it will probably have to wait until after tax season for Clark to have spare time but we could do a girls night.

ashley said...

what does have one mean? If its what I think good luck haha!

Christal said...

Seriously reading this makes me tired you are so so busy! I feel bad adding onto that! You are awesome though if anybody can handle it all its you! You work list is out of control holy!

LindsayB said...

does anyone else at the town do anything?! haha!

Mandy said...

If you need help to clean your house once or twice a month, I can help you on that because I do a little cleaning on the side. I hope your assistant is able to help you do some of the stuff on your list when she gets back. I am so excited to get the swimming guide and the spring/summer guide. Rayond really has a lot of good activites for kids and adults.