Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We're still here

I haven't updated this blog in a month. I still can't think of much that is blog-worthy to share (and I have no pics - boring, I know), but here goes:

In the last month we had our ward boundaries change and I thought maybe we'd be in a different ward and my calling would change, but...nope! Still in the primary. I'm so lucky to have the greatest people to work with - I'm actually liking this calling! I am the worst at Sharing Time, but hopefully I'll get better at trying to capture little kids' attention. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard for 15 minutes, but I struggle with the little guys. Oh well, I'll keep trying!

Clark just got called as our ward clerk. This means I'll be getting ready and getting to church by myself in the mornings. I have a feeling we'll both be on time a lot more than when we go together - for some reason we make each other late. He's busy with tax season right now, and he's the Financial Director for the Summer Games we're planning for next year, and he's also the finance guy for the triathlon that runs every year. Once tax season ends he'll be back to taking classes, so he's going to stay pretty busy through the summer. Having a husband who's an accountant makes commercials like this a little funnier:



Although, you don't want to go to H&R Block for your taxes - you definitely want to go to Price, Comin & Johnson. :)

I'm so glad we're not building a house this summer! We love having our house, and I'm totally content to just live in it for awhile. I never wanted it to be a spec house - it's way too much work and stress for me to want to do it to try to make money. We still need to landscape the yard and get grass planted, and a few other things, but I'm looking forward to having a few Saturdays to just sit in the sun and have nothing I have to do. The awful part about summer is how short it is - there are only like 8 Saturdays! A few of those are Town or pool events I have to work, and a couple are weddings I'll be shooting so it doesn't leave too many to play with. I've decided my wedding schedule is pretty much full for the year.

My parent's stake just had their boundaries change this past week - the little ward I grew up in is gone. I'm not surprised - it was small when I left home and it kept getting smaller - but it's kinda sad that the place where I have a lot of childhood memories doesn't exist anymore.

Lately I've had a hard time keeping up with meals. Lately, as in the last year. Either I just don't have a clue what to make or I'm on the run to another meeting and don't have time to do much. Anyone have ideas for like 15 minute meals that are decently healthy??

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We do crock pot meals. SOOOOO easy! Pasta is the quickest meal for us to make. We just had tortillini with alfredo sauce tonight. It took less than 20 minutes. If you like leftovers, you could always do a casserole and have the left overs for lunch. I have some really easy, yummy crock pot/slow cooker meals if you have a crock pot and want the recipe.