Friday, April 22, 2011

Finding Out

During the reading week in February, Clark and I went to Vegas for the WPPI convention (I went for that, he went to hang out). The weekend we got back we went out to my parent's for dinner with my family, an aunt and uncle who just got home from a mission a few months ago, and my grandma (the one who grew up in Raymond as a Redd). It's always fun to hang out with family.

Gav with his kitty. He chases after and torments that thing for hours. 

My aunt and uncle, brother, and grandparents:

Me and my little brother, who was so excited to get to take this picture with me :)

And 5/6 of kids!

My awesome nephew Gav and my awesome sister, his mom:

Me and Grandma!


And then we went home. And I wasn't late yet, but for some reason I just had this feeling....


So I took a test.


And there was one line.....and then another really faint line (yes, this is an amazing picture of myself).


Two lines!!!!


Clark couldn't see the other line, so the next day I took another test. And it had two lines. They also did another test at the clinic, which came out positive, and they let me take it home to show Clark. So, we're triple-y sure we're actually expecting a baby. Which is crazy!

We told our parents right away, made our siblings wait a few weeks, and finally just told everyone this past week (yes, on facebook - it's just the easiest way. I feel so weird telling people "Hey guess what! I'm prego!" in person) because everyone was finding out anyway. My one nephew is so excited to get a cousin, that every time he sees me he asks me "Is that baby still growing?" So cute! We sit next to them every week in church, and he was asking me that when it was really quiet, and I laughed - you can't expect excited kids to keep your secrets forever! I was holding his little brother, and he told me that one day that's what I'd be like with my baby. Love that kid.

We're now at 12 weeks, and due around November 3 (Clark's birthday). I've definitely felt better my whole life than the last 2 months, and I've never been so exhausted and useless, but my energy is starting to come back, and I'm feeling better every day I think.

It's been hard to keep it a secret at work - I thought everyone already knew but they actually seemed surprised when they found out so either they're good actors or I had them fooled with my baggy shirts. I've taken a couple of sick days and I've been eating crackers all day long and haven't managed to get ahead on my to do list but the Pool Guide is FINALLY at the printers and I'm half done interviews for lifeguards so I'm getting somewhere! Feeling like crap every day didn't really help my stress level or my feeling completely overwhelmed but my assistant has been really helpful now that she's back - I am so glad I have her.

We're planning on finding out what it is, because I'm just not good at surprises, and if it's a girl, I want time to go shopping and stock up on cute little headbands, shoes, etc. I already bought this for newborn shots:




I'm not going to count on me feeling amazing the first week, so I'm still going to book a photographer, but I'm excited to play with my own squishy little baby! I'm hoping to be able to buy a 7D or a 5D before the baby comes so I can shoot photos and video with the same camera. Our poor kid is going to be so photographed. I should probably buy a few hard drives.

6 comments:

ashley said...

I want to see you! oh the days of sickness, I use to stash crackers and everything in my clinic drawers, pretty sure I didn't fool anyone either. I really hope you feel better, really really!

Rebecca Henrie said...

Yay Kins!!! I'm so excited for you! You're going to be the best Mom ever!!!! Tell Clark congrats too. Can't wait to meet the little one!! Hope you get feeling better and better. Miss ya lots!

Deanna Hole said...

How fun :) Your going to have cute cute babies! And boys are fun to shop for too! You'd be surprised the adorable little boy clothes you can find!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

The Lowry's said...

Congrats again. I too have to find out. I can't wait, and its fun to start calling your baby an actual name and shop etc. Hope you start to feel better and get more energy back.

Sh'Nell said...

That is so exciting Kinsey. I hope you really are starting to feel better. Those sick times are never fun!