Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A random update

This is completely random.

Pregnancy. Not that fun, I've decided. So tiring. And so yuck. I wouldn't undo it, it's just not that fun. We're at 15 weeks tomorrow. Our ultrasound is scheduled in June, and yes we are going to find out what we're having. As long as baby cooperates! I'm getting a nice paunch. Please remember I'm pregnant when you see it. I don't even eat that much. At a time. ;) Or I gag. And get heartburn. And if it's in the morning I take lots of deep breaths to keep it down. I am not the most sick pregnant woman on the planet - I completely realize and am grateful for this. But I'd rather be like Clark's entire extended family and just not feel sick or really notice I'm pregnant. Seriously - there was a big family gathering and every woman who talked to me asked how I was feeling and then told me they never got sick. No wonder Clark thinks I'm making this up and wonders every night where supper is and why the house isn't clean.

This week is yet another exhausting week. How did I get so busy? I was talking to my mom for a few minutes the other day and I was talking about how I was tired of going to all of these meetings all the time, and I counted the number of committees I'm on, or chair: I counted 7. That's at least 7 meetings a month. There are only 4 weeks in a month. That guarantees me about two meetings a week. Two nights of my week gone. Yuck. And nights are the worst time for feeling sick. I still crash every night. That's why I'm still sitting on this chair typing - I'm too tired to get up! :) Haha

The pool is set to open June 1 if everything goes smoothly. Fingers crossed. Hiring lifeguards isn't very fun. I had so many new applicants this year, and only a few spots open. Makes for really hard decisions. My older lifeguards must love me, because they never leave - they come back year after year. Actually, they just love the money, but that's okay. 

In-laws. I'm so glad I have my in-laws. My father-in-law came and boosted my car for me today. I think I found out why it died - for some reason my break lights don't go off. At least they didn't tonight, until I tapped on the break pedal. Weird.

My baby sister is graduating on Saturday. I can't believe she's that old. She's amazing and I love her to death - I wish I was a little more like her, actually. We're doing her grad shoot tomorrow - I'm excited.

My mom is amazing. I stopped in for 15 minutes on my way to a senior shoot and she fed me amazing chicken and rice and sent me on my way with fresh homemade buns and raspberry jam. I really needed that.

Does anyone who reads this (if anyone reads this) have ideas for really simple, really fast meals? I basically just don't cook. It's pathetic. My mom makes everything from scratch - growing up I didn't know what a cake mix tasted like, almost. She's an amazing cook. So Clark eats her food, and his mom's awesome food, then comes home to my lack of cooking. I don't even go grocery shopping. I should have gone on Monday but I didn't feel great and I wasn't out of bread then. And, the rest of my nights this week are completely full. I guess I should use my lunch breaks and make visits to the merc.

Primary - I'm so glad I work with amazing women who pretend like the fact I can never find good times for meetings is not a big deal and they don't care. Even when I'm totally impossible, and the one everyone else always works around. And they keep telling me it's fine.

I like random people who make you feel good in weird ways. Like the guy on another committee (how did I forget that one? That makes 8, and this one has multiple meetings a month that last all day called bike rodeos - today I was in Brocket testing kids on their arm signals) who I saw today and he told me congratulations on having a baby, and then later he said that it sucked because "all the good ones get pregnant and leave." Something to that effect. Yes, he told me that it sucked, but it made me feel like I was a "good one" haha like I was wanted. Can you tell it's been a good day?! ;)

Coke Slurpees. I'm glad they were invented. They help.

Tums. Either they don't work that well, I have really bad heartburn, or what I have is not heartburn. I've never had heartburn, so maybe I have no clue. I don't have it all the time but anything sugary or tomato isn't good.

iPad. Love it. Computer in bed. Need I say more?

Foundation. Bane of my existence. I cannot get it to match. And the lighting in my bathroom doesn't help. That was one of my big things with building a house, so don't ask me how I messed it up. And I can't not wear it, because my face has exploded. I didn't have good skin before, but it's really not good now.

Brushing my back teeth/tongue - something I always took completely for granted. No more. Yuck.

My bed. I'm so glad we got a new bed last year. I never want to get up in the mornings. It is so comfy and awesome. And Clark is far enough away that I never get hit in the face with his elbow anymore.

I should probably take a prego picture. No blog post is good without a picture, right? My bad.

And that is all!

7 comments:

Megan LePard said...

I suck at cooking too babe! Don't feel bad. You'll start to feel normal again soon!

Deanna Hole said...

Ugh! I hated pregnancy sickness. Mine got better after 16 weeks so not long left! I found chewing gum helped(weird)

Angie Duce said...

Hey I just came across your blog! I've had some lovely nausea for almost my whole pregnancy...only 5 weeks left but I have learned that if you gag when brushing your teeth, use an electric toothbrush - because it'll do more in a shorter amount of time and hold your breath when you have to brush at the back or on your tongue. (It helps a ton). As for the heartburn... it's brutal but I found drinking cold stuff like smoothies has helped a bit. Tums are basically my new best friend.
I really hope that you feel better soon :)
And if you find a real solution to the heartburn please pass the info my way!

The Lowry's said...

Thats the pits that your still not feeling well. Congrats on the pregnancy by the way. Don't know if I actually said that yet. There's a lot of people pregnant right now. Its fun. Something in the water? As for good recipes, I love to cook and bake so I'm constantly trying new ones. Lately I have really been liking ones from Best Bites. All of theirs I have tried have been delicious. Christal uses a lot of their recipes too. Just google them, then meal plan. I meal plan, now my problem is sticking to the plan. Something comes up, or I run out of time cause I teach piano every day after school. Anyways, this comment is getting super long so I am stopping now....

Jazmin said...

Hey Kinsey! Check out M&M Foods, they have really good frozen meals! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Aw Kinsey you sound so tired! You need to drop out of a few meetings woman! And start making Clark cook you dinner! I am not pregnant and don't have meetings and I still never make dinner, sooooooo...haha

PS cold cereal is a great alternative for any meal.

LindsayB said...

i hear ya! i hate making supper these days. freezer stuff is the way to go sometimes. and i have teenage skin right now too, it makes me want to cry. i feel bad that you are still feeling sick, i'm over mine now and i feel like a new woman, still exhausted but at least i'm not barfing when i brush my teeth!