Thursday, June 2, 2011

18 Weeks

We're 18 weeks.  I can't believe I'm this far along - I know the summer is going to fly by and I'll wonder where it went. I think I've felt movement - it's hard to tell because I've never felt it before so I'm not sure what to 'feel' for. I'm pretty sure I've felt it though.

I made Clark take this tonight so I wouldn't have a post without a picture. The lighting in my bathroom is a lot better in the daytime!

It's (and I am) definitely growing! And so is the number on the scale - I gained 5 lbs this month. That's not a lot I don't think, but it's just weird to see numbers on the scale you've never seen before. I just hope it will come off later! Clark went with me to my appointment this week so he could hear the heartbeat - he thought it was pretty cool! The doctor said it still sounds like a girl. ;) A lady looked at my eyes and told me I'm having a girl, too, haha. We'll see!



The ultrasound is set for June 22 - hopefully baby cooperates so we can find out what it is! I keep looking at cute little headbands and dresses online - I can't wait to actually buy a few things. Even boy stuff. And plan the newborn photos, of course. I'm just really hoping everything goes well enough that I feel up to taking pictures within 10 days! I'm making backup plans so I'm covered either way. I'm so glad my mom is going to hang out with me for awhile when the baby comes, and I have sisters, my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law close! All winter long Clark and I ask each other why we live here and the reason is family.  We love 'em!

The pool is filling as we speak, thank goodness, so as long as we can open next week my stress level will not skyrocket. :) The company finally made it out today to complete the repairs we needed under warranty. There was a tear in the liner so we couldn't put water in until they came to fix it. They're having issues building a pool in Champion, from what I've heard, and it's been like pulling teeth to get them here for an hour, especially since they couldn't do the job in the rain. People keep asking about the pool opening and the weather is cold and rainy - that just doesn't add up for me - I guess I'm just not as hardcore as our pool patrons! I guess I'm not looking forward to being on call 16 hours a day, 6 days a week, either. I like my job, that part just gets old. We'll see how the first session of swim lessons goes in a week. As long as we're open for that I'll be okay. If not, I may just leave town! 

Just for fun, this is what the pool looks like in the spring before we clean it out. This was taken last spring. This year it was less green algae and more brown leaf sludge, but you get the idea.



And back to the update....

Clark is back in school doing his CA, so he has homework every night. Poor guy - I would not trade him places. I've said it before, but seriously, doing accounting all day, and then all night, every day? So not fun. Once he gets his weekly assignment in by midnight on Fridays, he has to do his corrections from the last week by Sunday night, then start all over on Monday. I do want to get my masters degree someday, but for now I'm pretty content to not be in school, even though some days I miss it.

I sort of got to delegate one thing I was working on at work, but then today I got another assignment. I have no idea how I'm going to do it, but I have 2-3 weeks to figure it out. I don't know who's going to be doing my job when I'm on maternity leave., but they're going to have fun! I feel like I have 6 million things on my mind all of the time, and sometimes a few slip, or get forgotten, or just don't make it to the top of the priority list. It sounds like my assistant will be gone 3 days of the week for sure, and she's interviewing for another position tomorrow that would take her away for the other 2, pretty much. So, I'll be on my own again! I'm excited for her; it's an amazing opportunity to become a CAO while you're still an intern. I just won't have the help anymore. We get along really well, and I'll miss having her around.

Okay, I think I just wrote a book so that's it. I just finally had a week without meetings! It's been awesome. I'm finally getting caught up on editing and sleep and I actually went grocery shopping, and picked out some new glasses. I've been wanting to do that for months. And that's us at 18 weeks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so cute Kinsey!

brock + amy said...

You look as beautiful as ever! I starting feeling movement around 18 weeks so I'm sure you are, it's SO EXCITING! I can't wait to hear what you'e having! He or she is one lucky babe to have a momma like you!

Lachele said...

I love your little baby bump. I can't wait to see how adorable she(hoping for a girl) is... Sounds like you're super busy..We need to catch up soon.

Love you lady!

PamH said...

Hey Kinsey! Just blog surfing while Derick watches The Soup! :) you are finally getting a cute teeny belly! And don't worry, you'll be able to do the newborn pics no problem. I've done all of mine at 7 days and I had c-sections! :) As long as you have help you'll be fine. :)

Christal said...

you are so cute! and that pool is so disgusting good thing you guys know how to work hard eh!