My mom's birthday was a week and half ago and we went out to Barnwell for dinner and I made her a 'vegetable cake' as Clark calls carrot cake. As long as I can remember my mom has loved carrot cake (with cream cheese icing). I decided to bake it Sunday morning and the pan I used was a little deeper than a regular 9"x13" and the cake took twice as long to bake as usual and I was late for church - oops! But, it turned out okay - cream cheese icing makes everything good. :)
My nephew Gavin 'helping' Grandma blow out her candles
I did a couple of newborn shoots last week which was fun - I can't wait to have my own baby to shoot! I love taking photos of squishy little newborns. I also did an engagement session - I just love couples in love, what can I say?! I'm excited to shoot their wedding next year.
Clark's birthday was on Thursday and we had family over for ice cream cake. He's not huge on birthdays but I think he had a pretty good day. He got a Kindle, and he's been using it a lot - of course now I want one! :) He loves reading, and I've tried to buy books for him, but I usually strike out so now he can just go online and pick out what he wants to read, which is great.
I'm past 40 weeks now. Our little girl was due on Wednesday, and it's now Sunday afternoon. The actual due date was hard because I wanted her to come NOW, haha, and then I was okay for a few days, but today I felt like a basketcase. It's the weirdest thing to go to bed every night thinking I'm going to wake up and go have a baby and then to wake up in the morning and still be fat with no contractions. The sleep is great, don't get me wrong - I'm still enjoying that while I can. :) I don't know why it's messing with my head so much today but this morning I just wanted to cry and stay home instead of go to church. Yeah, I'm amazingly tough like that. ?? I didn't cry, by the way. I know she'll come, eventually. It's inevitable, right? At least I tell myself that - I think I almost think she might just never come! Haha. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon so we'll see what he says - he's going to book an induction then.
Me at 39 weeks. Ah!
I finished the dust ruffle for her crib (and it actually looks okay!), and the quilt my mom was helping me with. Clark still has to put up a shelf for me and once that's done her nursery will be just about done! I got the cutest little flowers and headbands from my awesome neighbor Steph that match the colors in there, and I can't wait to get some photos with them so I can order the canvases for the wall.
Clark and I went to Lethbridge yesterday and walked the mall for awhile to see if that would help. Well, he walked and I waddled. :) We went to Old Navy and got her a cute little coat and her daddy picked out a little outfit for her. We even went to a movie in the middle of the afternoon - it was fun to get out with just the two of us. You'd think that would happen more often since we don't have any kids yet, but Clark's classes take up his time every night (including Fridays until midnight and corrections over the weekend) so we haven't really had a good date in awhile. I even got dressed - I think that's the last time I will wear jeans until this baby comes. Ouch. You just can't beat yoga pants for comfort. I'm excited to get rid of this permanent itchy line etched into my gut from waistbands. Hopefully someone out there can relate...



6 comments:
Poor Kinsey! I hated going late! Euan was 6 days late and in the end I helped a friend pack up her house and that night I started getting contractions! I can't wait to see your cute cute baby! You'll be such a good Mama!! Good luck!!
ugh! overdue is the. worst. I started going for 3 hours walk/runs on my due date (I even did the whole "walk with one leg on the curb one leg off") and then I made some "yummy" castor oil smoothies...and he finally came! I'm sure you've been reading all the many ways to get labor going- hopefully it happens soon!
you still look SO cute for being overdue!! i looked like that at 6 months!!
It's the end of a pregnancy. It wouldn't matter if she was late or early, it's just hard when you are 9 months pregnant. Get it all out, we all understand!
Oh i was so late with Alden. I soooo sympathize.
i feel for you! i went 9 days over with james. complain all you want and skip church all you want. but you look so great, you really do. just have clark whip you up a smoothie with an undisclosed amount of castor oil in it (derek won't tell me how much he put it, so just have clark ask him!) and go for a power walk, worked for me! good luck, she'll be here before you know it and life will never be the same! so exciting!
Post a Comment