My baby is a month old! She was weighed yesterday and she is now 10 lbs 4 oz and 22 inches long (her birth weight was 8 lbs 10 oz and she was 20 3/4 inches long).
After a month I get my showers in, I occasionally get makeup on, and clothes get washed. Meals even get made sometimes. I'm so grateful for all of the people who brought us meals! After having a baby, cooking was the last thing I wanted to do, and it was so much easier to just not eat. So, thank you!!
We've (Ava and I) ventured to Lethbridge a few times, including shopping in Costco and a trip to the mall (so glad I discovered their little family room), and I even left her with a friend today while I had a massage. It's crazy how weird it is to be away from her when she's only been around for a month!
Some other random things:
I value sleep more than I ever have in my life. Naps are good things. Waking up in the morning to find she slept longer than usual is amazing. This week she's been doing the opposite. Not quite as fun.
Gripe water is awesome.
I can't believe how many diapers I've changed.
I can't believe how much I love this tiny person.
I can't believe how much this tiny person has taken over my life. :)
I can't believe how little I get done in a day. This blog post has taken 2 days. Or maybe 3. Computer work like editing is also harder because my tailbone is still really sore when I sit and it pops all the time, which isn't too comfortable. ?
I spend way less time on facebook and pinterest. And checking email. I thought I'd spend more.
There are a few things that no one ever told me about having a baby. But it's all worth it.
Ava is starting to smile a little more, and all it takes is a little smile to make my day! I love her little sounds and her little faces. Her little arms and legs are filling out and starting to get a little chunky! I love that she has little dimples on her elbows. I love her little cheeks. She has way nicer skin than her mom. Jealous. I love that she has hair. I love her eyelashes, and her little nose. And her lips. And her little hands and feet. And her sad face - she knows how to get to me already. I love that she knows who her mom is. I love that she still holds her little feet up under her bum when I hold her on my chest. I love that she loves to snuggle. When she's awake she's always looking around taking everything in, and the way she holds her head up - I can't believe how strong she is. I didn't know I would love being a mom this much.
Newborn clothes are out - I think it's sad I already have to put clothes away. I guess that's why people have more than one kid. Little girl clothes are so fun - oh to have an unlimited budget! ;)
Random pictures from the last few weeks:
This was right after a bath so her hair was fuzzy :)
I haven't mentioned this yet - Clark got a dog when Ava was a week old. His name is Tebow.
Her cousin Summer loves to hold her:
And her birth announcement(s) that I haven't sent out yet:
I couldn't decide so I got both. And because I'm so productive lately (ha) I just got them printed as photos instead of ordering them from my lab. It cost me the same so I wouldn't do it again but I'm trying to get them out sooner than later!












6 comments:
she is such a little doll- and already a month old!? that is nuts- it's so sad how fast they grow up, so it's good you feel like you aren't getting the "other stuff" done- cooking and cleaning will ALWAYS be there :)
A month already! Iy goes so fast soesnt it. I only have 7 weeks left of my maternity leave.
Isn't gripe water the best thing ever!
she is adorable! I agree that it's hard to believe you can love a tiny person so much. The birth announcements are really nice too.
She is so precious! And I love her fluffy cheeks! My boys both looked like skinny little aliens until they were about 3-4 months old. ;) You're a beautiful and perfect mommy for Ava. Always remember that!
ooh they are cute!!!!
She is so cute and you are such a great mom! She is lucky to have you! {both} I still owe you a meal 2:) Time goes by so fast cherish every minute even the screaming ones before you know she'll be 10 :( Great post!
Post a Comment