Sunday, February 14, 2010

The latest

Clark is currently on a break from school until the summer; tax season is coming up so they don't make them do school at the same time. He's taking a little extra time off after tax season, too, to help with the house. They put a few extra months into the course in the event that someone fails a class and needs to redo it, so Clark will just have to pass every class. Which of course he will! :)

I'm currently working on a bunch of stuff at work - the pool opens in a few months and I'm getting ready for that with programming and scheduling. We're trying to open it during the long weekend in May this year - I hope it's warm! :) I'm also working on trying to bring a lot of new stuff to the pool - we're doing two scuba diving experiences, and I've been talking to Lethbridge Diving about doing something with us, too, so hopefully that works out. We're bring back theme days, and we're starting a Youth Night. We're hoping for a grant to get some really cool shade sails around the pool and extend the grass area so we can have a designated eating area, something that would make a lot of people happy, or at least happier, I think. So I've been working on that. And the schedule this year is a lot more open, so that at anytime someone can come to the pool and some area will be open, even if we have a few lessons going on, or Aquafit, etc. No turning people away!

The biggest thing I've been working on is designing the Leisure Guide! I'm so excited about this - it's a full-color booklet that will hopefully act as a central place for information on what's going on! Prices, schedules, and programming info for the pool and the golf course for the season, all the info on Heritage Days (the July 1st stuff), a big community calendar, etc., that gets mailed to every house in April. I'm also putting together a pool pamphlet with all of the lesson and scheduling information. This will be a lot more detailed and have a lot more info on the pool than the Leisure Guide.

In a couple weeks I go to a meeting for the Summer Games - that's coming too! My job is getting busier and as soon as April/May hits it's going to be crazy. I'm excited!  In April I'm doing a community easter egg hunt for the kids - I'm hoping it really fun. I've already got candy donated and I'm going to do a bounce house and some random prizes. In other communities they're really popular (read: free candy for kids!!) so I hope it's a hit here.

On Monday I'm working at our ice arena for a few hours for a Family Day thing. On Friday I spent a few hours making cotton candy, which we're giving away to the kids, and we're going to have a free skate with hot chocolate. I have no idea how many people will come - maybe Clark will be eating a lot of cotton candy! We started a Town Facebook page as a way to hopefully let people know about Town events. When I moved here I found that I didn't really have a good way to let people know about things other than store windows and Town bulletin boards, so I'm hoping that with the Leisure Guide and Facebook I'll be able to get the word out.

Lately I've been training for a half marathon. Yesterday I ran 6 miles, which is not even half of the race distance (13.1 miles) Our longest run is 12 miles - I'm not sure that I'm really looking forward to that one! I still haven't registered for a race, but I'm thinking of going to Calgary. It's nice to get away for a bit, and I think by May I'll want a day or two away, haha. And it can't hurt to go shopping to reward myself for running the race.

We start digging the basement of our house in a few months! I'm so excited. More than one bathroom, a garage, higher than 7 ft ceilings, our own thermostat, our own driveway, a bathroom that guests can use without going through our bedroom, a master bedroom that we can fit in, enough closet space for both of us, a DISHWASHER! And a full-size fridge and stove is going to be sweet, too. A laundry room that isn't underneath the stairs! Our treadmill, weights, and bike won't have to be in the living room, and neither will our computer and desk. Sounds like heaven. We just have to build it first. :)

And that's pretty much it!

Every post is better with a picture, so here's one from my latest session (you can visit it here):

IMG_1050-Edit-Edit-2-Edit

5 comments:

chelseyk17 said...

if you come to calgary, you guys can stay at our place if you want. i just might even come support you at your race.

DeAnna said...

Sounds super busy. It would be great to have the pool open so early instead of waiting until the end of June like they did when I lived there.

My current city does a quarterly Community Leisure guide and it is the greatest thing!! It includes information on everything: child fitness tax credit info, local sports funding programs, special events, arenas, parks, pool schedules, childcare, library hours & activities, adult programs, fitness classes & more. Good luck with all your projects!

Susan said...

Such a busy girl and you didn't even mention wedding planning and photography shoots! You will do great! Good luck! Love ya!

Team Torrie said...

Kinsey, you rock! You're probably the best thing that could have come to Raymond. I'm so proud of you, and proud to be your (favorite) cousin.

Torrie Family said...

Kinsey,

It was fun to see you guys tonight! We need to see you more often!
Good luck with the house. It is a lot of fun-enjoy it and don't stress. How you act during the process is more important that how it turns out! You are building a home together! Yeah! See you again -soon we hope!
Tonya