I have been trying to talk Clark into light/white couches. He likes black, and I like white - it doesn't get much different than that! :) We finally found a set we both actually liked (well, I liked, and he could stand) but it wasn't the greatest quality in the world and we aren't at the stage in housebuilding where actually need couches, so we kind of dropped that. Clark ended up going into town with Doug yesterday and they were exploring some furniture stores when he came across this bad boy:
We really didn't have room for it, but he actually liked it, and I loved it, and it was big enough for him (it's a pretty wide/deep chair) to sit in without his knees up to his chin. And it was half off. And really comfy. So, it has now joined our bike and our treadmill and we are even more excited to get this house built so we can get out of this basement apartment and separate our stuff into a few rooms instead of cramming it all into our gym/office/living room/family room!
It looks pretty white here but it's actually a cream color. It will either go in our living room or be the chair in our bedroom.
Our nephew photographed Doug and Clark strapping the thing down so I thought I'd put up his pics - lucky for me Doug and Nancy were at Canadian Tire when we went there to buy tie-downs. It was sooo windy out! I hung out in the truck with Nancy while they handled it like men. :)
He's pretty talented hey?
Once we got it home, it almost didn't fit in through the front door, but we made it. And with the chair, this is what else came in:
I never really love the wind, but especially after living here. Every time we open the door and it's remotely windy out, leaves and dirt blow in all over my floor, and onto my carpet. I've swept them out of our entry area, but more just blow in from the yard. And in the winter I am mopping up snow. We also get random things like buckets and cardboard blowing up against our door. I am so glad our house will face east! :)
1 comment:
I love, love the chair. It looks amazing. I love white too. But, I can't have it with my kids. They are just too messy!
Post a Comment