We got the footings poured before the amazing spring snowstorm we enjoyed, but that was it. Wednesday night we had no power and it didn't come on until about 8 am Thursday. It went on and off a couple of times before it finally quit, and I kept trying to finish my run on the treadmill but it just doesn't work with no power - surprise! :) This time around we actually had a flashlight, which was great, and with no TV or computer, Clark came to bed early with me! I really wish we were the same that way, but I somehow got my dad's genes and once 10:00 rolls around, I'm fighting to stay awake. Clark stays up until midnight every night, at least.
Anyway, back to the house and the awesome snowstorm:
We got quite a bit of snow, and our drainage was messed up because there was a bunch of dirt blocking the swale that runs alongside the lot, so once it started to melt our neighbors water, and the whole area to our west was draining into our hole.
Before the storm:
These forms are 9' tall - I was a little freaked out at how tall they look in the hole, and I really didn't want a super tall house, but when you live with a man who's almost 7' tall - an 9' basement makes him pretty happy. And comparing it to our neighbor's house, it's about the same so I don't think it will be as high as I was thinking.
And after the storm:
My amazing father-in-law helped us start pumping it out today. I never thought clay was good for anything, but underneath all of the water, the ground is solid! Not something I'm used to from growing up in the sandhills. It's supposed to be nice over the weekend, so hopefully it will dry out pretty quickly and we can get the walls done sometime next week!
Tomorrow I get to run 11.5 miles. Yesterday I ran 2.5 on my treadmill and my knee was already acting up. We ran 10 miles on Saturday and I couldn't walk normally on Sunday and Monday. I think the problem has changed, because the pain feels different now, and it's stiffer for longer after my runs. Sooo frustrating!! I just have to last through 3 more long runs, about 8 shorter runs, and the race. And then I might have to take a break and hope my knee fixes itself. Fingers crossed.
1 comment:
i have started running again, and my knees are doing the same thing! it's so annoying! i want to keep going but my knees won't let me. i now feel your pain and we can have a pity party together.
Post a Comment