Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sundays

I LOVE Sundays! Life has been so crazy and busy lately that it's so nice to get one day off to just chill. Some cousins were visiting so I went out to my parents for a little family time, and it was so nice to see them again! I hadn't seen my one cousin, Scott, since before I got married, and we used to see each other all the time down at school. We were the cousins that have the bath pictures together as babies - our moms were and are BFFs so we spent a lot of time together when we were little. Scott always looked out for me down at school, too - seriously one of THE nicest guys you'll ever meet - he's never too busy to help someone or to listen.

This is us with our Grandma:



I'm hoping that once the pool shuts down and we get in our house that life will slow down a little. I feel like I'm constantly running around like a crazy person! :) We're hanging out with some friends tomorrow night, and I feel like I need some downtime so bad. I feel like I'm hardly home, and when I am I'm editing pictures with my awful messy apartment that I should be cleaning on the back of my mind. And forget meals! Clark just has to make do with pasta, cereal, frozen pizzas, and Subway. Awful. I love taking pictures, though! I really love taking pictures of new people in new places all the time. I'd rather be doing that than almost anything.

The house has all the drywall hung, but the mudders and tapers haven't started yet. I'm getting impatient, but it'll get done eventually, right? I'm almost at that point where I just don't care anymore, and I haven't even started making the decisions! Haha so if you hate my house in the end, please kindly keep it to yourself. :) I just want a house, any house, to get me out of this basement! We were going to run down to the states last weekend for floor stuff, but it didn't work out so now we're trying to go this weekend.

Yesterday night I shot an engagement shoot and went visiting teaching, tonight I canned peaches with my mom, tomorrow is some downtime (yay!), Friday is an all-day wedding (my cousin's) that I'm shooting, and Saturday is off to the states! Next week every night is pretty much just editing to get all caught up before we have to start painting, and some more canning. My vacation days are adding up; if Clark didn't have a gazillion hours of homework every night I'd try to get him to get away somewhere for a week this fall. Some day! I might just have to plan a girls getaway.



I think everyone in Southern Alberta has suddenly realized that school starts right away, and since we finally have warm weather I think they're all coming to our pool! Today was the craziest day I've ever seen - we hit capacity really fast and the wait got as long as an hour to get in. There were people in almost every foot of the place. The smart people come at 11 or 12 to avoid the rush, because once we hit about 2:00 we're full and you have to wait. Crazy! To top that, some really little kid pulled the fire alarm so the pool got cleared for awhile. That alarm is SO loud! Those poor pool patrons. :(

 If I'm so busy, why am I blogging? I feel like no one blogs anymore! I still read blogs but I haven't updated anything is weeks, so I thought I would throw something up quick and then it turned into some kind of venting session - sorry! Anyway, I'm off to bed. Clark still isn't home from the office, poor guy. He's trying to get ahead so we can actually hang out tomorrow night. The CASB program is pretty intense. One more year until he's done! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well ya sure made me feel good about my work load!

And cute hair!

Sonja said...

It'll be okay, Kins! Life always comes at you in cycles, it seems. There'll be a slow time soon...now you just know to enjoy it when it comes:)

Love you!