The house is still coming, just slower than we'd like. The mudding and taping is going to take at least this week it sounds like, so we won't be painting until next week. I'm going to have to use some vacation days or we'll never get it done! If anyone just has the urge to paint, come on over. :)
My cabinets are being put together right now, they'll be ready in 2-3 weeks! I'm so excited and nervous to see them - cabinets are one of those things you don't change very often so I really hope they turn out like I'm hoping.
Sometimes I think we really should have waited to build a house until I was a stay-at-home mom, or maybe I could have just quit my job - everything needs to be done during the work day, and we both work so that makes it really hard! Plus, we live half an hour away from anywhere with anything, so even if we went on a lunch break by the time we got there we'd have to turn around to get back on time. Oh well it just makes it interesting! Everyone says so much stuff is cheaper in the states, but we tried for three weekends in a row just get to Great Falls and it never happened. So, we might just end up paying more for some stuff.
I'm so excited to get over to our house - it's a couple months away at least but it's closer than when we started and I can see some progress so I think I'll make it. :)
This is the house with drywall!
Main bathroom:
Master bedroom:
Office/Baby Room Someday:
View into the kitchen:
Front door/Entryway
Family room downstairs/Clark's Man Cave:
So, about that half marathon. I didn't get very far in training before I decided I really didn't want or need one more thing to do, so I'm going to wait until January and do a spring one I think. You start out in the freezing cold, but you get to end/run the race when it's warm, instead of the other way around like if I started now.
This may sound awful, but I am so relieved that the pool is closed for the winter. The 24-hr on-call thing gets old after a few months, and the worry - did you hear about the incident at the Ramada? I can't even imagine. I get the shivers even thinking about it - so tragic. Moms, please watch your kids. I have no idea what really happened at the Ramada or who is to blame or whatever, but sometimes in Raymond I'd get so nervous because moms would just let their little toddlers wander around the pool deck and go in and out of the pool. I don't think many people realize how quickly kids can drown - it only takes 10 seconds, and that is not a long time. And it doesn't take a lot of water, either. That's why parents are supposed to be within arms reach of little kids. The first year we were open a lifeguard picked up a little girl crawling across the deck towards the pool edge, and wandered around for a couple of minutes, holding her, trying to locate the mom. I was just about the get on the loudspeaker when finally she came casually walking up and said, "Oh she's mine." And she didn't act concerned at all. This little girl was barely a toddler! So, I'm glad that stress is gone for 8 months!!
I can't believe how cold it is already - here comes winter! I guess I had better dig all the boots and coats out of our storage unit. I hope we get some nice leaves before it decides to snow - we've gotta get the fall pictures in first!






No comments:
Post a Comment