Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Taps & Toilets - you know you want to see

I just looked at my blog at the last house pictures I posted, and it looks a little different now, especially the kitchen! I thought I was way up to date but I guess not. I'm sure all 2 of my readers are just DYING to see my cabinets, so maybe I'll go and take some pictures later. Last night all of our taps were in so I went around taking pictures of them (because I like taking pictures - shocker I know):


Isn't this beautiful? I thought I'd capture it before I cleaned it.

This tap is actually getting changed today - it's supposed to have a brushed finish. The piece of paper says don't touch me, my silicone is drying.



This actually works! So excited.

Clark told me no one wanted to see pictures of toilets. He's right, but it was in the folder and I decided not to remove it.  My favorite thing? The seats come off to clean! And no one can slam the lids down.

Possibly my favorite feature of the whole house (well, top 3):


We got the window boxes in so the windows are looking less rough in the basement:

The piles of baseboard and casing that my brother-in-law is painting for us this week (we love you Brad!!):


Playing with depth of field (I love my 50 mm):


The stacks of plinths getting painted (also by the amazing Brad):

And the appliances just waiting to go in:





My favorite part of winter - the static-y, frizzy hair:
 
Oh wow that's beautiful! Haha

The upper cabinets in the kitchen are supposed to be in this week, and the basement cabinets are supposed to be in today. Carpet comes on Monday, and all that's left is trim, tile, railing, fireplace mantel, closet rods/shelving, and a million other odds and ends I'm sure! But, we're getting really close.

8 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

the lid comes off your toilet!?!? that is so cool! is it weird i am jealous of your toilet? ha ha everything looks awesome kins!! are you gonna have a big housewarming party so we can come see??

Amy said...

Seriously I NEED to know where you got your toilet. Toilet seats happen to be one of the things that grosses me out the most in the world. They are so annoying to get really clean. I am going to come over next time I see you working and Dustin is home so I can leave my kids and come marvel at your beautiful home.

Kinsey said...

I got them at EMCO in Lethbridge - they told me if I didn't want them at first I could always get them later. I'm so excited because I'm with you Amy - toilet seats are GROSS! And Jennie, maybe I'll have a housewarming party just for you - haha I feel weird having a party to tell people to come look at my house - what if they don't like it? But you're welcome anytime!

Anonymous said...

I am with everyone else and I love the idea of the toilet seat coming off. Totally cool! You can tell Clark that everyone so far has talked about the toilet. It's looking awesome.

Christal said...

awesome and like everyone else my favorite part is the toilet THE LID COMES OFF!! and it can't be slammed that would be heaven!!! Looks awesome kinsey!! so excited for you guys!!

Tonya said...

I am definitely interested in seeing the cabinets! This is definitely exciting Kinsey:)

Team Torrie said...

Wow Kins, everything is coming together. It's looking awesome, you'll have to design a house for me some day.

Michelle and Andy said...

Looks like you have more than 2 readers! :) I love seeing the updates on your house. And I'll join the band wagon and say that toilet lid is awesome.

BTW, that's funny--here it's the opposite! Winter here means an end to (most) frizz! :)