She likes to babble away and I love to hear her stories. She's still a mama's girl but she warms up to people a little faster now. At home she wants to make sure I'm close by. She is so close to crawling! She doesn't motor around but she definitely moves and gets up on her little knees. Ah!
Lately she has not liked sleeping. She used to sleep through the night, and I'd get a nice 7-8 hour stretch, but lately she's been up every few hours, and wide awake at 5 or 5:30. That is just way too early for this mom! I've been reading my SleepLady book again to get some ideas to help her sleep longer.
Last night I think her teeth were really bugging her because she woke up really upset a few times before midnight and had a hard time going back to sleep. Thank goodness for Tylenol and gripe water! She slept until 6:30 this morning and I feel like a new woman! :)
Comparing 1 month to 7 months
Part of our bedtime routine is sitting in her rocker and reading books. She loves to turn the pages for me - she's been doing that for awhile but I didn't remember that babies did that when they were this little. This age is so fun!
When I put her down for a nap or bed, I rock her while I sing a song and then lay her down. Lately, she started laying her head down on my shoulder and kind of snuggling into my neck while I sing to her and it is definitely my new favorite thing! I listed it as a Friday Fav, and then she quit doing it for like a week and I was so sad! But she started doing it again. Moms need some snuggles!
She loves to grab her spoon from me and do it herself.
She's got two teeth now and I think she's working on the third.
She loves her cereal! I think her favorite food is sweet potato, and squash. She doesn't really care for peas for some reason, but she likes just about anything else we've tried.
We went with Stephanie, the winner from the Mother's Day giveaway, to Modest Is Hottest! to pick out her clothes and Ava was so good!
We've cancelled the shoot twice now and the weather is still gross so hopefully we can get it done soon!
This is where we hang out most of the day. Here she's blowing spit bubbles.
Mmm...drool running down her face...
Dad is already trying to make sure she's a baseball fan. We'll see!
Some random Instagram pics:
Look at those chunky legs! She woke up crying from a nap the other day and sounded really upset, so I went into get her and she was on her tummy with her legs sticking through the bars right up to her bum. I went to pick her up and she was stuck - I had to squish her chunky little thighs to get them back through the bars!
Trying to get into her dad's stash...
The next two are her trying to get my attention when I'm attempting to edit. She's just not a fan of mom on the computer! :)
This is her spot in the mornings when she's awake while I'm getting ready:
Ava is so excited to go to the pool! Too bad it's been so rainy and cold.
I put her socks on and then looked at her legs and it reminded me of me and my friends in grade 2. Like my friend Dea said, at least they don't have stirrups! :)
I don't really let her play with my phone or my iPad but she loves the screens!
Using whatever distractions I can to keep her happy while I make lunch...
This is looking down at her in her stroller. We went for a walk to a garage sale and to visit her dad at work. Lucky for Clark, he works close to home we get to visit him all the time. Her favorite thing is to be outside on a walk. She is never more content than when she is outside.
Some pics with a prop for dad:
I looked at this and laughed - she already poses - I'm excited! :)













1 comment:
kins she is seriously the most gorgeous thing ever!! i need to come play with her and squish those cheeks!
Post a Comment