Wednesday, January 15, 2014

15 on the 15th and My Word.

I think I have decided on the word CAPTURE for this year. There are lots of goals I want to accomplish but one thing I really want to focus on is capturing our life right now. I absolutely love this stage with Ava and there are so many cute things she says and does, and we will have a newborn in the house any time now, and I know these days will go by so fast! So I am determined to get better at capturing it all. I got a new camera bag for my birthday and I am using it as my diaper bag/purse so I can take my camera everywhere.

This year I am going to continue doing 15 on the 15th (capturing the 15th of each month is 15 photos), inspired by my friend Rhonda, who is amazing at capturing and documenting life. She has a few fun ideas for photo projects I may borrow this year! Visit her blog at www.rhondasteed.com.

This month, to be honest, as you can see below, there are some so-so photos and some just plain awful ones. I may have gotten lazy/pregnant and I may have missed a few things I could have captured. Shooting into a mirror and taking selfies is not very original. BUT, I did it! And I still can't find my remote so I am ordering a new one as soon as I hit publish!

One of my favorite little quirks of Ava's is her need to play with her belly button when she's tired. She was upset that she couldn't find it with her jammies zipped up so I unzipped them for her. She ended up in my bed last night when neither of us could sleep through the sound of the wind! It was insane. I thought my trampoline would be gone but nope it's still there and my windows are all intact.


She slept in this morning so I decided to capture my pregnant morning awesome-ness. Desperate housewife right here.


I can never get too many morning snuggles! I love how snuggly she is when she wakes up.


Her favorite "bek-fast" is pancakes.


I tackled a few de-cluttering/organizing projects today.


Ava loves her games on the iPad! And I love how she says iPad.


Check out that booger.


I look awful but this is us every day! Those papers are paintings we did together.


Lunch time and still in PJs. Kind of how we roll these days. She wasn't going for the chicken noodle soup so we tried sandwiches. And no meal would be complete in Ava's eyes without chocolate milk. ("caca milk"). She likes to "mix and mix" it and eat it with a spoon. Which is why she has it all over her face!

Finally getting ready for the day!


Sneaking on to mom's computer. The sewing machine is out because I am finally putting Emma's quilt together.


A little Diego before bedtime tonight. Dad was gone so it was girls night!


Getting ready for bed and brushing her teeth.


Saying her prayers as fast as she can.


And an out-of-focus selfie of story time in Ava's big girl bed. Two books and she was falling asleep. Cutting out naps will do that!


And that was our day!

1 comment:

Just Rhonda said...

oh my heck I love that you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!