Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014

I am always so excited to start a new year! This year I am finding it strange to be a little (or a lot) more tired, and not quite as clear on what I want to accomplish. I chalk it up to being 38 weeks pregnant. I do have a list of goals, and I have a particularly ambitious list of house decorating projects (hmmm...nesting perhaps?) for the coming year. I guess I am just lacking a bit in motivation to start doing things.

Last year I chose "one little word" to be my focus for the year and I loved it. This year I am still trying to decide for sure what that word will be. I may just start my year over again in February after this baby comes! I feel a bit scattered and all over the place. 

My word for 2013 was "Do." I built garden boxes and planted a garden by myself, and started Project Life, and took pictures and videos of myself with Ava instead of being sad I wasn't in any. I installed Ava's closet organizer and made Roman shades for my dining area and hung curtains in my room and finally bought a new thermostat and installed it. I did things I had put off because I thought they were too hard or I didn't know how to do them. Some were big, some were pretty small. I educated myself on streamlining my album design process to get caught up when I was overwhelmed and took a class to get organized. I did 15 on the 15th because I wanted to capture our every day life (I only missed one month!). I tried really hard to just do things I wanted to do without finding excuses or letting things get in my way. I made over my 'office' on a budget after thinking about it and wanting to do it forever. I threw stuff away and organized some areas in my house. I organized my pantry. I finally had stools built for my entry (the upholstering part is currently underway - finally :)) I built shelves in my storage room by myself and organized a lot of junk and keepsakes and all of Ava's baby clothes. 

There are still so many projects and things that I want to do/accomplish, but I feel good about what I did. I was pregnant and babysat kids the whole year and shot weddings and that made the summer and fall a little crazy for me at times! As much as I would like to be Wonder Woman, I'm not. I'm just me! And I am learning (slowly) that that's ok. 2013 taught me a bit about recognizing my limits and saying no to things. It was a good year! 

Now to figure out my word for 2014...and have this baby... :)













No comments: