Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last days of summer...

Only a couple of weeks until the pool is done for the year, which is pretty much the end of summer. Looking back over the last few months I can't believe they're already over. This was our first summer as married people, and what have we done??? We took one weekend trip to Kalispell, and rode horses once with my family, and that's pretty much it for events. We've been to the pool twice, and I got in once. We've had 3 campfires, I think, and haven't even made it to Waterton! We have played tennis, and gone for bike rides and walks and runs, so at least we've actually been outdoors. I'm so sad, I feel like I wasted our whole summer, and time is one of those things you never get back. I haven't been totally myself the last few months; this job has been stressful for me. Call me a pansy, I'm sure you're right, but it's been a big adjustment moving to Raymond. :) Most days after work I just want to sleep. Maybe it's because my office has no blinds, or walls, really, and the sun is glaring in for the last couple of hours. I might just be coming home with heat stroke. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures of the 3rd campfire we've had this summer (thanks Shelley and Cory)!!!

Most of these are courtesy of our nephews:



On second thought......at least once it starts getting cold, we have Christmas to look forward to! :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Kind of sounds like our summer. It certainly won't go down as the funnest one ever! Anyway, way to look on the bright side! Hope you feel like yourself soon!