Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Busy Week

Last night I went to my mom's after work and we canned and froze peaches for me. I felt pretty grown-up and domestic. :) Don't I have an awesome mom? She's not doing any fruit for a week or so, but she helped me do my two little cases. My great grandma gave me her mini freezer when I got married and it's the perfect size to fit into my little apartment. Our fridge isn't full-size, so our little freezer can't hold very much. Thanks Grandma! I was so excited to use it for my peaches! :)

I got home late last night and didn't do anything but go to bed. After we did peaches, my mom and I (and my brother and sister) went through a bunch of decorating stuff and packed it out to my car so I'd have it for the wedding this weekend. A friend asked me to do the decorating for her reception on Friday, so I've been busy with that lately. I'm also shooting a wedding on Saturday, which I'm really excited about. I'm still editing pictures from the last wedding I shot, so the summer will end busy!

I found out about a photography workshop in Utah in September, and I've seen the guy's work and attended a lecture of his before, so I really want to go. My sister and mom and I are trying to plan a trip around it to see my older sister. I miss my her family! My niece is already back in school and she's lost her first tooth, and my nephew just turned 1, and I haven't seen him for months. Kids change so fast.

My older sister is working on getting her new website up and running, and it's so cute! It's not finished yet, but check it out here. She started doing cloth diapers a few years ago, and when I first heard about it, I thought she was crazy (Sorry Ton!). But wow, cloth diapers have changed! They're cute!! My nephew has one with flames all over it. And they aren't as disgusting as I thought, lol. I've watched her do cloth diapers and it's not much worse than regular diapers. After trying a few kinds, she decided to make them even better and started developing her own pattern. She now has huge waiting lists for her diapers! Anyway, my sister is amazing. :)

2 comments:

Lachele said...

awww... your mom is too cute!

Susan said...

I have more peaches in the garage if you get the canning itch again!! You girls are all amazing...I'm a lucky mom.