Thursday, August 20, 2009

Socks...and Dryers

On Sunday I wore boots because it was raining and cold out. I went to grab ankle socks (I used to wear nylon/pantyhose but socks are way better) and I didn't have any that matched! Since I was wearing boots, I figured it didn't matter and grabbed two.

After church, I took off my boots and rediscovered my mismatching socks. Clark was in the bedroom and I was about to go in and tell him about my amazing sock-ness when he walked out.........


In these:


I know, we're ridiculous. But that leads me to the second part of the title. We don't have any socks because we haven't had a dryer for a few weeks!! Our landlords finally bought a new one and we just got it today. The old one got so hot when it was used that we smelled smoke and it was heating the whole apartment! We could actually see glowing red when we looked down on the door opening. A little scary.

My awesome mother-in-law has been letting us use her dryer, but we've been trying not to interrupt her laundry routine any more than necessary. And, it's summer, so when do we wear socks??? Clark never wears black socks to work, because he wears khakis every day, and I wear flip flops. Oh yeah, except Sunday. Haha. But, we have a dryer now so next Sunday Clark will have matching socks to wear. :) We have to speak, so cross your fingers for me (Clark doesn't need it, he's not even nervous, lol). I hope I survive...

5 comments:

Tonya said...

It is fun to hear what you are up to! I am so glad you got a new dryer:)

Susan said...

Haha! Love the sock story! Good luck with your talk! I know you will do great but is IS stressful! You WILL survive!

Shelley said...

Ya you guys ARE perfect for each other! And "best campfire ever!"

chelseyk17 said...

hahaha! oh, that is funny! we were without a washer and dryer a few weeks ago as well. let's just say we had to double/triple up on a few things. hope things get back to kinseyness!

Torrie Family said...

Thanks for the laugh-very cute you two!