Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I am amazing! :)

I ran 8 miles on Saturday, which is (sadly) the farthest I've actually run in my entire life. And it wasn't that bad! I'm actually very proud of myself, haha. I was really worried about my knee, but thanks to Aunt Dixie I had a tensor thing and I guess it worked its magic because my knee didn't act up at all.

The weather was SO nice on Saturday - people around me were running in t-shirts and shorts! Of course, since I always assume I will be freezing wherever I go, I had a black long sleeve under armour shirt on, lol. We ran through a lot of shade though so it was actually just fine. I could not believe how nice it was. I hear it's supposed to snow tomorrow - not surprising since hello, this is Southern Alberta, but disappointing nonetheless. Oh well, spring is definitely coming, eventually!

I fell asleep at like 6 tonight and woke up at 9:30 so I ended up running on the treadmill instead of outside and my knee was fine again. I even got out my yoga mat (which I've really missed) and did a little bit. I miss yoga. There's a class going on in town but I found out about it the day it started and didn't get around to signing up. A running clinic coming up is yoga for runners, so I can't wait for that.

On Sunday it was my sister's b-day, so we went out to my parent's for dinner. All of my grandmas were there and so was my grandpa, and it made me realize I'm pretty lucky to have them all so close.

My nephew is just so dang cute, and I wanted a picture with him but he wasn't loving the idea. This is what Clark captured:


This is Clark entertaining the kid by throwing a ball in the air and catching it. I wish I was that easily entertained!


Here's the little man himself!

Another amazing shot of us:

Catching the ball from Uncle Clark

The birthday girl!

This picture just made me laugh:

Of course my present was the best. Just not the best wrapped. ;)


Me and my little sis:

Me and my grandma on my dad's side (she grew up in Clark's hometown and we had a nice little talk about it):

4 comments:

Susan said...

Yup! You are! (amazing)

Amy said...

I have to agree 8 miles is amazing!! I would probaly die(or at least pass out) if I tried to run that.

Candice said...

So proud of you! Believe me if you can run 10 miles, you can totally do the 13.1 for the half. You are almost there, keep up the GREAT work! It is truly amazing to say you have run that far. :-)

Sonja said...

Way to go, Kins! You're inspiring me to start running again:)