Friday, March 26, 2010

You can take that to the bank

I've been running around collecting quotes on everything for our house, and we're almost there! We're waiting on two more, but they're smaller, and we should have them by the end of the day today. On Monday afternoon we're meeting with the bank. It's crazy that we're finally actually going to build a house!

I remember when Clark decided to buy the lot - we weren't even engaged yet! He had been looking for a house for awhile, and even went to put an offer on a house just to find it had sold the day before. No other decent (affordable) options came up so finally he decided to build. I'm kinda thinking he might have thought he was getting married....seems a little suspicious. :) But, he got the lot and then with all of the craziness of getting married and being engaged long distance it was kinda impossible to plan a house so it got put off until now. We've been looking at house plans for a long time and we're excited to see the real thing!


If all goes well we'll be digging the first week or two in May, and be in before Christmas! I can't wait to be able to actually have people over - especially family. Right now, they just don't fit in our tiny apartment. With one couch and a chair, we can't even have couples over to do much (unless they wanted to use the treadmill or the bike...)! Haha oh well - the end is in sight! :)

3 comments:

Sonja said...

I would sit on the treadmill or bike any day if it meant hanging out with you:)

Congrats Kins! That's really exciting!

And you're right...Clark buying the lot before you were engaged does sound a little suspicious....:)

Susan said...

YIPPEE!!!! I am so excited for you guys!

LindsayB said...

that's so exciting for you guys! i saw steph before and i was looking all over for you guys after the moonlight. i stayed around the finish line for a while, but i never saw you. oh well, sooooo many people, but it was a fun night!