Sunday, March 21, 2010

The latest and greatest

Last night I ran the Moonlight Run! I finally got to sleep in on a Saturday morning, which was amazing, and then I cleaned our whole apartment. Wow I love having our own vacuum! It felt so good to do a little extra cleaning. I didn't want to eat anything for lunch because I didn't want to mess up my kitchen! I even cleaned my oven - how gross are ovens?? We hardly use it so I didn't think it was very bad in there. Ew, that is definitely something I will be doing more often!

I drove to the race by myself so Clark could watch the BYU game for a bit longer (just a little shout out to BYU for actually making it past the first round!! Go Cougars :)), and then he came up for the finish. I told him I would take over an hour to finish (I know, I'm just slow!) so he wasn't really watching for me when I crossed the finish line. Our friend Stephanie was there, and she found me right after I finished, so we wandered around together searching for Clark. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to find a 6'6" guy in a crowd, but we just didn't find him. Finally we went back to my car and called him and he was there, but he missed me crossing the finish line, and the camera didn't have the battery in it. Sheesh! This was the first time I actually ran a 10K, and he was trying to be all supportive, but it just didn't work out.

So, Steph and I drove back to Raymond and Clark picked up pizza and met me at home. Oh well! Every post is better with a picture, but I don't have any! I know I was in a couple of other people's pics - the ladies I run with for marathon club - so hopefully those pop up on facebook or something soon. The first couple of miles were kind of brutal - I just felt so tired for some reason - but then it was really fun. Running at night in the river bottom, music on the iPod, feeling good - funny how you can have such a love/hate relationship with something like running. A couple of miles before the finish line my knee really started bugging, but at least I finished the race still running! I didn't get an awesome time, but it was good for me. Now I just have to nurse my knee for a day so that I can hopefully get running again tomorrow. I really need to get into my massage lady!

We're still working on getting the quotes in for our house. We really want to go to the bank this week with our cost projection, so hopefully we can make that happen. I talked to my cabinet man and he really helped me with the layout for my kitchen. He suggested something I had not even thought of and that I think we'll go with, so I'm glad I went to see him. I really wanted my island to be sink-free so that it could be a big work space, but I didn't want my sink to face the side of our neighbor's house, either, and he solved the problem! Now we have a corner sink at the back of the house where originally we had a pantry. Awesome.

And that's pretty much it! :)

4 comments:

chelseyk17 said...

i hope you didn't give up your pantry for your sink! but, if you did, no hard feelings. i'm a pantry girl, you're a sink girl, it's all good.

Kinsey said...

Haha no we just moved the pantry

Susan said...

Way to run!! I'm very proud of you! Hope your knee is OK.

Shelley said...

Can't wait 'till I can run too!