Saturday, October 30, 2010

Yet another house update

We now have appliances and stairs! The cabinets aren't in yet so the appliances are still in the boxes, but they're here! We now have steps to our front door, and I think we're going to go buy the railing at Totem tonight - they're having some kind of sale. Yes, it's Halloween here in Ray-town, but we don't get trick-or-treaters so we don't really have to stick around. Which I'm okay with. Kids in costumes are cute, but other than that I'm not really into Halloween. I'm more of a Christmas fan this time of year.

The fridge - they have to take the door off, and maybe the doors off the fridge, to get it inside.

The pile of appliances! I can not WAIT to use my dishwasher!!!

A newel post. The railing is almost ready to go in - the rods are here and it's just about all stained.

Front steps! And of course, no construction job is complete without a Pepsi or two.
 

And the front of the house again - even though you can't see the steps with the fridge in the way. We have all but one light fixture in upstairs, and the doors are in (at Logic) and will be delivered next week along with all the baseboard and casing, which we'll need to paint. I'm starting to wonder if painting ever ends. :) Our tile is not quite here, so we're still waiting on that. My cabinets are supposed to go in next week - I'm really hoping they do because they're kind of a big deal (for appliances and granite) and I really want to see what they look like - I'm not very good at envisioning how something will look - I need to see the real thing.

Anyway, that's the latest progress at our house!

4 comments:

Amy said...

It looks so good! I feel like the biggest snoop when I drive past and anyone besides you or Clark see me. I still need to come see the paint color... maybe this week?

Anonymous said...

I love the color of your stone and stucco. Looks Amazing!

Susan said...

It looks amazing! Yes, the painting will be a distant memory before you know it :)

Deanna Hole said...

cute house!