Sunday, January 16, 2011

Catch-Up

This is a catch-up post.

My Birthday

I turned 25 and for some reason that felt really old - a quarter of a century! Can you have a quarter-life crisis? I didn't, but I realized that my life is different than I ever thought it would be at 25! I started a list of things to do before I hit 30. I kind of winced just typing that - isn't 30 supposed to be old? Cuz it doesn't seem that old anymore, and it's right around the corner.

I think my love for photography is spreading - my dad took these first few pictures with my camera:


Thanks mom for the cake!



I had my family out for dinner since we had just moved in (the day before) - I did the whole roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy deal. In our puny hole of an apartment I didn't really ever bother to cook anything exciting or that great, so this was a big step! Just knowing that I had to wash every dish by hand stopped a lot of my domestic ambition. Call me lazy, but I just wasn't that into doing dishes when I felt like I was working 3 jobs (real job, house, photography)! My hood and backsplash had just been put in, and you can see it behind my dad.


I did the roast beef and potatoes, but technically my mom still made the gravy. Clark will drive to Barnwell at the drop of a hat if he knows my mom is making her gravy. 

You can see the hole in the wall behind Clark - now that's my pantry door - the cabinets are all done! 

My brother also picked up the camera:


Later Clark's family came over for cake:



Look at that smile!
 

Finally done! :)


I took these a couple of days after Christmas - I told Clark I couldn't move in without having somewhere to at least hang clothes, so the whole day we moved, he and his dad and my dad worked on setting it up. SUCH an upgrade from the apartment - I love it!

And the mantle was installed right before Christmas - the thing out to the right is a door - the remote doesn't work to the satellite unless it's open.

The tree is gone now, and the room is pretty bare. One of these days....


During the first week of January Clark's Christmas present to me finally came! I took a picture of the box...


And the packaging...

And then I was excited about the camera bag and didn't take a picture of it. But here's what it looks like:




Now that I have a camera bag that doesn't look like this...





...I've found I've been using my camera bag as a purse and taking my camera everywhere. And I love it! I have had so many moments where I thought "Dang, I wish I had my camera!" because I didn't like just shoving it in my purse. I love bags - Clark told me once there was nothing that made me happier than getting a new purse (he was surprised?!? haha) and now that I (finally) have one camera bag/purse, I'm thinking that it might be getting some company over the next few months...

If you have a camera and you're at all like me in wanting to take it places, check out these sites:

kellymoorebag.com

jototes.com

epiphaniebags.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your 25....I am so, so jealous of you. I am 30...typing that makes me want to cry...lol. My friend told me that 30 is the new 20. Your kitchen looks amazing. I really think you need to post some more pics of your home.

Chelsey said...

i love your stove area! the whole thing is gorgeous!

Christal said...

First of all happy birthday! Looks like it was a fun day! 25 seems like yesterday now 10 years have gone by and four kids later here I am ha ha! Second your kitchen table is so clean no fingerprints forgot what those look like without fingerprints lol! Third LOVE your stove hood that is beautiful!, I still need to come for a tour your house it looks amazing! So when we actually go out in our backyard when it gets nice I'm pretty sure you will see us ha ha! And I love you bag it's even prettier in person thanks for the fun class tonight too you r awesome! Ttyl