Monday, January 31, 2011

The latest house pictures

I realized that I hadn't posted any pictures of our house in awhile - we were so excited to get moved in that I didn't snap very many the last few weeks of the project.

I looked and I just have photos of the kitchen, so maybe I'll get around to taking some of the rest of the house - we'll see! It's pretty plain.




I love having a kitchen. I think that every day. My counter tops are not blue. And I have counter space. And I have a garburator. And it was not the cause of my awesome flood in the basement. Apparently I had a ginormous ball of tile grout wedged in there, which proceeded to catch all the...uh ... paper. And then the line was totally blocked and my garburator backed up fifty miles of pipe (give or take?) and spewed out of my laundry sink downstairs and soaked into my brand new carpet. Yuck.

This was what we found in our laundry room (downstairs):


We still can't figure out how water got in a closed drawer (see the lip on the counter?) but it did. Sweet.

I had no idea the joys we would experience as new homeowners. But I'm still grateful for a house! And I've heard worse stories, so I'm okay. I wouldn't go back to the apartment we were living in! We love living here and we're pretty content to stay here for awhile.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's crazy about the water! But your house looks great!