Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentines & Shots

It's February and that means Valentine's Day is coming! I found a cute idea on pinterest to do 14 Days of Valentines, so I'm trying that out for Clark. So far Day 1 was a success - 13 to go. :)

 



I wanted to do a little shoot with Ava's baby legs we got from my sister and her cute headband I got from the Hardware Store (thanks Jennie!) so we managed to get a few shots in the other day. I love my living room windows - I actually ordered a small studio lighting setup so I could do newborns, etc at my house whenever but I love my 'natural light studio' aka my living room. Having a studio downstairs will be great so I can leave it set up and not have to take it down and put it back up for every session though. I'm excited to play once it gets here.





Her fists are her latest discovery and she just can't get enough of them.



My favorite:


I stuck her in her Bumbo to try to get some uprights. I don't put her in there for very long because she's still wobbly but I think she'll be ready for it soon.


Ah those cheeks - I kiss those all day long...


And I played around with making her some Valentines:




We finally got Ava's 2-month shots done. I had cancelled her first appointment because she had really goopy eyes and a runny nose, poor kid. Getting her shots wasn't quite as awful as I thought it would be, but she was definitely a sad girl. I couldn't watch. After she stopped crying she had those heart-wrenching (for me) cry-hiccups (that's what i call them). I felt so bad! She was a little more mellow and clingy the next day but no bad reactions thank goodness. And I don't mind snuggling with my baby girl. :)


Her little band-aids (I still haven't taken them off - I don't want to hurt her so I'm waiting until I give her a bath - is that a first-time mom thing? haha):




And why stop at pictures of band-aids? Here are her little toes - I just love them.


And I still want her eyelashes!


7 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

ha ha yes thats just a first mom thing ;) she is gorgeous! love all the pictures!!

Deanna Hole said...

She's so cute! And I love love love her eyelashes! And toes! I made the husband take the bandaids off, while I was in the other room. Apparently they come right off but I couldn't do it! She is so sweet and I love her baby blue eyes!

brock + amy said...

she is so so so so so cute! I love those little leg warmers!
Shot's are never a fun time- I have made Brock come to hold Trey every time :)

Anonymous said...

aaaah she is so adorable. those pics you took are so cute i can't hardly stand it! she is one gorgeous little baby.

chelseyk17 said...

so i totally stole your 14 days of valentines. work has been crazy lately and zack has been a little neglected, so it is perfect that i can do a little something for him every day. it's so fun to see his laugh at how cheesy it is, but i can tell he loves it! :)

Christal said...

She is just so cute!and getting to big already!Aren't you Loving the v-day surprises everyday I like doing it and he's a man but I know he likes it too! and if you ever need a subject to try out in your studio Kolten is good at that ha ha! Pretty sure Karsen would be too but my middles not so much they just make faces haha! Great pictures!

Eric Torrie said...

Kinsey these pictures are gorgeous!!! They look like they were done in a studio or something! She is so cute and has gorgeous eyes!!!! So awesome.

Clark better practice up on his scare-boys-away face, those eyes and her smile are going to be heart-breakers! :)