Monday, February 13, 2012

Ava - 3 months

First off, I just love her baby toes...


Three months have gone by and I still find it crazy that she's here! She's starting to laugh and grab at things (like my earrings - she likes to pull those out) and she babbles away at me. She got a hold of my plate the other day at the island and pulled it half off the counter. I love to listen to her 'talk!' She makes all kinds of sounds now - Clark calls her a dinosaur. She's got a nice high-pitched squeal when she doesn't like something. All girl! :) She's starting to work on flipping over - she keeps pushing off with one leg and almost getting onto her side. Why do they grow up so fast? I do like this stage, though - she's not crawling around getting into everything, but she's still fun to watch and she'll interact with you, and she's starting to sleep!! I was talking to to someone with a 4-month-old and she said he goes to bed at 7 pm every night. I wonder if we'll get there. Right now she's doing the 11:30 bedtime most nights, and she wakes up once to eat.

I love the chub - her chubby little knees and elbow dimples and rolls. Her cheeks just keep getting bigger and rounder! I just love this girl.


And some pictures...


Catching a smile! She smiles all day long when she's at home and gets her naps. If she doesn't get her naps, watch out. ;)



Tummy time from the iPhone


The rocking chair monthly photo - my baby with the nice tan has become a whitey like her mom.

1 month                                                      3 months




My studio lighting got here and this was a test shot I randomly took in a corner of the basement:


These next pictures were taken in my living room again. On Wednesday at the Parent Link Centre I'm talking about photography and I'm going to share my 'secrets' to these haha (it's pretty basic and not really much of a secret) - I'm excited to help moms get better pictures of their kids, especially now that I have one (hopefully I will be able to do that and make sense)! We're having a service auction in Relief Society this week and my service item is helping you learn to use your DSLR. Hopefully someone actually bids on it so I don't feel like a loser. :) I probably should have just put in a free meal or something. Except that the last time I tried to take a meal to someone I completely burnt it and had to start over and I was late...so maybe I should stick with photography...but anyway...

This basket was at Wal-Mart for $5 so I just had to get it! :)



She loves to hold her hands together and play with them, and try to stick them both in her mouth at the same time.


Smiles! Oh yes I am that gushing new mom. Thank you to those who indulge me and tell me my baby is cute and that you actually like looking at all of these pictures of her. :)


 


This was my favorite, along with the one where she's smiling above. Check out that spit string!!


I started making a collage for every month:



And that is Ava at 3 months!

5 comments:

Christal said...

Sweet little ava! Such cute pictures!

Jenny said...

She is so, so darling!!! I especially love the drooly image! We will be up there in May and look forward to meeting sweet Ava. Hopefully Hudson will be over his "sitting on babies" stage and Ava will avoid the wrath. ;)

Kathryn said...

wow Kinsey, she is so cute! she's got a great smile! nice job on the photography too!

The Lowry's said...

What a cutie! I love her smile. How come I didn't know about this class at parent preschool? Must've been the other class on wednesday mornings with Mary Rose. I have class with nancy. Wish I would've known. How nice to have a studio in your basement. Your so talented!

Unknown said...

Super cute. I love the collage idea. Maybe I'll steal that idea for my kids.... Did you order from Alien Bees?