What can you see outside your kitchen window?
I can see my little garden boxes covered with snow, a few leaves peeking out that I hadn't dug up and worked in. Our little row of trees with snow on the tiny branches. My neighbour's window to the North, where in the summertime her little girl watches us in the backyard after she has been put to bed, and she waves at us. :) I can see our trampoline covered in snow, and the backyards of my neighbours. We all have small little trees, and I often think how different our yards will look with big trees when our kids are grown up. It makes me a little sad to think that will come sooner than I want it to. I can see across all of the backyards on the streets to either side of us, the big building behind us that they use for Farm Safety classes and in the mornings I can hear the kids running to the bus. Every time I do I am thankful that I have no kids in school yet, that I don't have to have anyone ready that early. They pop in and out of the backyard of the empty house behind us with holes in the fence around it. I wonder if we will ever have neighbours. It's been 2 or 3 years now, since the family moved away, I forget how long.
No comments:
Post a Comment