Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 7, 2014

What do you feel guilty about right now?

I feel guilty that Ava is watching a show right now because I am supposed to be working. Oops! :( I always feel guilty when I am sitting in front of the computer working and the kids want me. Ava tries to climb on my lap and tells me, "I want you to hold me, mom." I feel like I am neglecting them. A girl I babysit a couple of days a week told me that she wished her mom and dad worked like me, at their house, instead of at their work. But I'm not sure it's my favourite - being home with kids and trying to work is hard. And when I work during nap time, I feel like there goes any progress in the cleaning department for the day. So I feel guilty about the state of my house, too. It's not the worst ever but it's not what I want it to be.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can only imagine! I feel guilty pretty much any time I let my kids watch a show (I feel like I should be more on top of crafts or something with them...)--especially since it usually multiplies into 2 or 3 or more, since it's so easy for them to turn another on, and it's so nice for me to be able clean, etc, while they're occupied. So I can only imagine how hard it is to juggle work and household chores. It's hard to get anything done when they're demanding your attention!

Everyone says to enjoy each moment because they grow up so fast, but at the same time, there are other things that must be done. It'd be nice to play with my kids all day but then we wouldn't eat anything healthy and our house would always be a mess (and your work would never get done). There's got to be a balance somewhere I guess--I'm still trying to figure it out! :)