A moment from today that I want to remember always...
1. Shopping at Superstore for Family Home Evening. We were at the very back of the store and Ava had to go potty. I was frustrated because it was late and the kids needed to get home and go to bed. I wanted to get groceries and get out of there. Off we went to the bathrooms. Ava lagged behind so I kept having to slow down so she could keep up. In the bathroom, after we washed our hands, I put mine in the high-tech super-powered hand dryer that scares her. She looked scared for a second so I made a funny face and said something about how awesome it was and acted all excited that it was drying my hands. She smiled and put her hands in with mine, then giggled as it blew her hands dry. As we walked back down the hallway to go find Clark and Emma, she was making big two-footed hops along the tiles and saying, "Hop. Scock. Hop. Scock." That's how hopscotch sounds coming from Ava. It was just a tiny thing and a tiny moment but I just felt incredibly lucky to be this girl's mother and just enjoyed walking through the store with my little girl and a full mama heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment