I left work early to get ready to go on a girl's trip! I soooo need a holiday! My mom and my sister and my sister's baby are going to visit my older sister down in the states for the weekend. I really like my job, but I can't tell you how free and relieved I feel to be getting out of here for awhile. This summer was crazy, and I'm not very good at not taking things personally, so it's been stressful! I was going to take a nap before I started packing, but I got home to dirty dishes and a messy living room. Ugh. So, I'm getting lunch ready and cleaning up before I take off. For some reason it's so much easier to clean and do dishes in the morning, instead of at 6 pm when we're both home from work and supper is done.
I had an office over at the pool for the summer, but I was always getting up and walking around doing things - now I have a full-time desk job and it's kinda crappy to sit all day. My shoulders are always sore - I've got to get better posture! I also need to get a better chair. My office is kind of the 'nobody wants it' room and my desk is an old boardroom table with a random selection of chairs to choose from - orange plastic to those padded old church chairs, which is what I'm currently using. When I get back I'm going over to the pool and stealing my nice chair from there for the winter.
Last night I went to see my little sis play volleyball - I love that girl! She did great! She's the starting setter - this girl can actually play, unlike her older sister. My aunt coaches the varsity team, and my mom and Kels came out, so it was fun to see some family! I felt bad, but I just couldn't cheer for Raymond. Two of the lifeguards who worked for me over the summer play for Raymond, so I cheered for them silently. Clark and I were visiting with our neighbors the other night, and their grandson came over. He told us his wife wears her old school's colors at football games where her school plays Raymond - and it's the biggest football rivalry around here. When you grow up with certain views...they can be hard to shake. :)
Before the volleyball game, my sister-in-law came with me to a jewelry party. It was all really cute but it was more fun just to get out and hang out with people! Clark and I have been hermits since we got married and I have been slowly going crazy, I think.
Anyway, I think my chicken is done so I'll stop rambling!
3 comments:
Kins, you're soooo blasted cute!
I miss you!!
Please don't EVER cheer for Raytown.. I know you moved there,and I forgave you for that, but please don't!
Have fun with the girls!
Of course you have to cheer for your sister's team! You'll cheer for the Comets when your own kid is wearing red and white - or my kids, right!!!??
i think becoming a hermit is inevitable when one gets married. thank goodness for date nights!
Post a Comment