Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sticky business

Ava went from sleeping for 7 hours a night for a few weeks to getting up 2-3 times so I started feeding her rice cereal. The first night she slept 7 hours and I was ecstatic - the kid was just hungry!

The next night she was up at 3 and the next night she was up at 2:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep after I fed her. So, I don't know what the deal is! :) But she loves eating her cereal. And getting it everywhere. Wow that stuff is sticky!

I took her for her shots yesterday morning and when we got there she still had some crusty cereal on her face from the night before. Best mom award - right here. I thought I scrubbed her face so good! Tonight we did the bath, and then I still washed her face after. Fun! :)






So many of you have entered my Mother's Day giveaway - thank you! It's always scary putting things out there but I'm very happily surprised at the response! There are so many giveaways now, but who doesn't like free stuff?  After entering one where I had to "like" 25 pages and they just filled up my newsfeed and I didn't really care about them, I tried to make it local and useful with just a few really good vendors. Something I'd really want to win. Which I do - too bad for me! :) My friend Rhonda is having a giveaway too - I had no idea when I was planning this that she was planning one too. Crazy - we only live a couple of houses apart!



This was an Instagram pic I posted - I just love the chub. The health nurse had no problem giving her needles - she told me she had good legs for it. Haha



 We went for a nice long walk outside on a really warm day (she wasn't actually red - all of these pics are from my iPhone) - she loves being outside! I rolled up her pants so she'd have capris - I gotta get her some summer clothes! This weather just puts me in such a good mood! Love it.

   

She also loves the remote. She loves to change the channel when daddy is watching sports. And mom doesn't even mind!
 
 
  
Ava holding hands - her first little boyfriend. Haha
 
  

See that hair on top?! It's coming!


Just love this kid. :)
 
   
 

2 comments:

Amy said...

i love that picture of them holding hands! Talan just said to me "I think we need to go over just to make sure her eyes are the same color." weird but he loves her haha.

The Lowry's said...

She's so cute! Yeah, the cereal thing - I feel the same way. Seems not matter how good I try to wash her face some always is there when it dries. It's just the rice cereal, the mixed and oat cereal doesn't seem to 'hide' like the rice one does.