Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting back into running

To force myself to get out in the cold and run, I've signed up for two races coming up! Clark's Aunt Dixie told me she was running them and invited me to join, so she gave me the push I needed. :) One is a 4K, and the other's a 5K. I'm sure Dixie is running the 10K, but I don't think that's gonna happen for me this soon. She also reminded me that the marathon club in Lethbridge starts in January - I've always wanted to try it out but haven't ever lived up here while it was running. So, I'm thinking about doing that, too.

I kind of have a love-hate relationship with running. I hate when I haven't been running and have to start again, because it's hard and it sucks (so why did I stop, you ask?....not sure). But there's nothing better than going for that run when it isn't quite so hard, because you've been running regularly, and you just get to be outside in the sun and the fresh air, and you feel alive, and then when you push yourself to go a little farther than you thought you could, and you're sweating and tired at the end and it feels so good - yeah I'm sounding like a dork, but it's a good feeling. And it's addicting. So, I'm excited!

1 comment:

Lachele said...

ahhhhh Kins, I've been sick for the past like 3 weeks... and I went for my first run last night in almost a month. I almost died. I can totally attest to that love of running when it's easy! I'm hopefully signing up for some races, and would love to run a 1/2 marathon in the spring. I'm not a huge keener or else I'd commit to a full but we both know I'd probably die:) Keep me posted on your progress!