Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hair

I finally had my hair done! My roots had been growing for months and were like 3 inches long. Seriously. My hair was sooo blah. You'd think that I'd get my hair done more often, considering I notice such a drastic change every time I do. What a different color and a little trim can make. :)

I made an appointment the day before, so I wasn't sure who the Catherine girl I got was, or how good she was. I told her I wanted to go darker, so she pulled out the color book. Now usually I'm pretty good with a color book - I know what I want and it's not a problem. This time, however, I messed up. I picked a darker shade, but then let her do a lightener, and my hair as a third color. Oh boy. When she started drying my hair, I started having a mini panic attack inside. My hair was the same shade, if not lighter, than it was before she started. And I really wanted it darker, as did Clark (He LOVES it dark - the darker the better - hence my goth wedding hair). For my poor husband, spending over a hundred dollars on hair is unbelievable - I was wondering what he'd think when I paid to get it done twice. In a row. I debated saying anything, because I hate speaking up, but I knew I'd have to face Clark when I got home, too, so after a few minutes I finally told her it wasn't as dark as I had been hoping, and asked her how soon I could dye it again. She was super nice about it, and had another stylist cover one of her appointments so she could dye my hair over again. We ended up doing one color all over. I have some kind of interesting lighter chunks subtly showing through, but it's darker! And it didn't cost me $200. Phew!

I finally figured out my hair in Utah, but I haven't found 'my' stylist here yet. Suggestions??

3 comments:

J.B. said...

Wow! What an adventure, Kind of scares me seeing, I made an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow!!! And I Never cut my hair, and hardly dye it so..... Oh no, I'm scared now that it's gonna turn out bad but I figure I always wear my hair up so if she cuts it wrong then Ill be able to hide it. Glad yours worked out in the end. :)

Lachele said...

Pictures please... I wanna see what it looks like! <3

Tracie said...

Hey! I can't wait to see pictures! I've committed to not dying my hair until it's grown out (next year), and it's killing me .... but I'm trying to be good and not chop it off like usual. So, I have to live vicariously through your hairdo's.