I think all of my blog posts in the last 4 1/2 months have been about Ava, because having a baby has taken over my life (in a good way)!
That being said, I've found I need something that's still me, so photography has become important to me in a new way. I have a couple of things I'm doing soon that I'm REALLY excited about!! But I won't say anything yet. I'm shooting my first wedding of the year in two weeks - fingers crossed for decent weather! Cardston always seems windier and colder than anywhere else even in the summer, so I'll be layering up I'm sure.
I was inspired by Gail Werner awhile ago to do a monthly self-portrait project. The 365 Projects were just too much for me, because I felt constricted and like it was another thing I HAD to do, and I wanted a photography project to be fun. I'm kind of putting my own twist on it, as in I'm just doing whatever I feel like with it as long as I'm in the picture. This is my March self-portrait(s):
I sent a photo to a friend awhile ago (I used it in the leisure guide) and when she asked me for it she said she's hardly ever in pictures because she's always taking them. Aren't most moms like that? Mine was.
Sometimes I really hate asking people to take my camera and take a picture of me, but I'm getting over it. Either I don't look that good or people are intimidated by my camera (not so much anymore since more and more people have DSLRs). Or, I'm afraid people will think I'm vain.
For this project, I'm taking my own picture, even though it's probably a little weird to some people (really, who sets up their tripod and timer and takes pictures of themselves, right?!). After going through all of the pictures of the first two years of my marriage and finding about 10 of me, I felt strongly enough about it that, like I said, I'm getting over it. :)


4 comments:
This is true...I think I have like 5 pictures of me in the past year...I have thousands(no lie) of Euan. I might have to try the timer thing. You two are so cute!
Yep we need to be IN them more. Great shots of you.
AND you can always ask!
Great idea!!
I love this post its so true if there are some of me its one at arms length with a kid all close up and annoying I just want the kids to know I actually was here too:) Great post! You are amazing!! and If you ever need anybody to watch ava we'd love to!! Love the pics too!!
Post a Comment