Saturday, October 17, 2009

He's in! and other stuff

Clark did it! He finished off two accounting classes in the last month and starts the CASB program on Monday, right after he takes his last test Monday morning. What a guy - I don't know too many people who can finish a semester-long class in two weeks, let alone doing it twice in a row, but I guess he's always done better in school under pressure. ;)

Since he's been crazy busy working and finishing these classes, I really haven't seen much of him. Tonight we went with his parents to a show here in town called "Broadway gone Country." It was a bunch of country numbers, and really good! They even had some favorite songs like "Cowboy Take Me Away" - my theme song until I met Clark ;), and "Some Days are Diamonds" originally by John denver, but this guy mixed it up a little bit and it was amazing! He had a CD for sale outside, but neither Clark nor I had any cash - dang it. The John Denver song reminded me of my dad - I love that man.

Clark's back at the office tonight studying for the test. He got home 10 minutes before we left for the show and he left 5 minutes after we got home. It's just a little ironic that you marry someone to be with them more....only to be with them a lot less than you thought!

I used my new mop today, which was cool. You know how exciting your life is when you're excited to mop a floor! Then I went and broke a glass all over it. And the carpet. And we don't have a vacuum. Clark carefully scrutinized the carpet and picked pieces out, and he was going to go borrow his parent's vacuum, but he forgot and now it's late so I guess it'll get done on Monday sometime! We're not supposed to wear our shoes on the carpet - landlord rules - but I'm ignoring that rule until we get a vacuum over here.

I had another fun photo session today - Clark's cousin and her two kids. They were way cute and came up with lots of their own ideas for pictures. Her little girl was such a poser! Haha it was awesome. Hopefully she loves 'em! I ordered these cool CD cases today for giving discs to clients. I'm excited. I was going to do another sister session today, but my poor sister was really sick so we'll have to reschedule.

On Monday I should have some news on what Council decided about a new position in town. So, cross your fingers for me! :)

4 comments:

chelseyk17 said...

hahaha! that's too funny! i too can relate about the mop thing. i love my swiffer wet jet. i think it's the novelty of getting something new ... no matter what it is.

Lachele said...

Wow, good luck with the job thing kins!
Congrats to Clark, thats amazing!

Shelley said...

I heard the show was really good. And Clark's always been a smarty pants! I'm not a bit surprised - why didn't I get ANY of the math skills...?

Susan said...

Congrats to Clark...that is amazing! Glad you are wearing your shoes...don't need another trip to the doctor :)