Friday, October 30, 2009

My Costume

I decided to not be a party pooper this year, so when a girl at work was trying to get everyone to dress up, I decided I would. Except that I couldn't think of a costume!! I was running late for work (Clark already left - he went at 7 am to STUDY!) and stil didn't have a costume. I scoured the Internet trying to find 'last-minute' Halloween costumes, but came up with nothing. We don't have a lot for materials around our place! Anyway, I went back into our room, frustrated that I hadn't come up with anything, and guess what I saw?? A blue and white dress I bought from American Eagle back in the day, but don't wear much cuz I think it looks like a little girl dress.....and shiny red flats....and it all reminded me of when I was in a play back in elementary - the Wizard of Oz! Haha so here's me as Dorothy:

Photobucket

Clark gave me this stuffed lion back when we were dating, and I thought it might help people guess what I was. :) One guy actually got it!

Our friend Ethan had the most hilarious costome - old school nerdy missionary?? Haha here's a pic of some of us at the office:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not sure what we're going to do for the actual day - everyone around here is sick with the flu! Apparently it has really hit this town. Kids in school with diarhhea and puking...ugh. A girl at the office said on the news they were warning people about letting trick-or-treaters touch all the candy - they said to disinfect your doorknob a lot and hand the candy out instead of letting people rummage around in the candy with their hands. Sheesh maybe it's good we don't go out much! I also heard that the best place to get infected is the grocery store, and that's pretty much the only place we go around here, so I'll keep my hands washed!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Kinsey, you are so stinkin' cute. :)

Lachele said...

Kins, your costume was super cute! and either you're shrinking or that elder is REALLLLLLLLY tall :)

Susan said...

This is just as cute as your original Dorothy way back when...!!

Michelle said...

Aw, you look cute Kins!