Here is a little flashback:
A little different than our engagement pictures, hey? :) This was the first Sunday Clark spent with my family. We both went to church in Lethbridge, and he came out right after church. This was in July sometime, so we'd been dating for a couple of weeks.
First time we met: May 2007. Single's ward. He came over to where I was talking to a mutual friend and worked his way into the conversation. We ended up talking a lot about BYU, and of course I was impressed that he graduated from the business school! But, then he moved to Utah and I ended up dating someone else that summer.
Second first time we met: June 2008. Single's ward. I went over to a mutual friend to say hi (same one as above!), since I had been away at school, and then I saw Clark and something was familiar about him. I asked him if I knew him, and he started talking about me living in Montana and working with my dad, and going to BYU, and I was like whoa, what?? So I asked him if we'd been on a date or something, and he was like, "I wish." That got my attention, haha. He ended up getting my phone number from a girl in Taber he knew, breaking up with his gf (apparently it was going to happen anyway), and asking me out.
First date: June 14? 21? Clark has a way better memory than I do. We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Cafe and hung out watching HGTV at his parent's house. We were supposed to go to a driving range, but that didn't work out. Clark was so easy to be around, and it was a fun date!
First HHing: Clark held my hand in his sister's backyard on July 1. We were having a fire and he figured it was dark so no one could see. :)
First kiss: Wal-mart parking lot. Not telling the whole story makes it sound better.
First I Love You: Middle of September, after dating for 2 1/2 months (except for the first week of September where we weren't supposed to be dating, but we ended up talking every night). I was back in Utah for school, and Clark came down for a visit. He had realized he couldn't live without me. :)
First Ring Shopping Experience: Middle of October 2008. It kind of freaked us both out but we didn't let on to each other until later.
And then he proposed! November 22, 2009. And you can find that story here. He was so cute and made it so sweet. For some reason the pictures are messed up, but it's readable.
Anyway, I love this guy and I can't wait to marry him in a month! :)

2 comments:
Hey, I stumbled on your blog from Shelley's. Just wanted to say hi & congrats to the both of you. I was friends with Clark way back. You guys look so cute together. Hope to bump into you guys sometime.
wal-mart...niiiice...
Post a Comment