Monday, April 6, 2009

Fun Trip to the ER

On Friday night, I was delivering some engagement pictures to a couple in Provo and I got a phone call from my sister, Kelsey. She had been out playing basketball with some guys and had rolled her ankle. She went up for a rebound against a taller guy, got the rebound, and then came down on the side of his foot. She said it really hurt, so I told her I would go get her something to wrap it with, and bring her some supper since she couldn't walk so good. She had it up and was icing it when I got there. I got us Pita Pit, which I LOVE, and ended up bringing her to my apartment for a sleepover since conference was the next morning and she couldn't do much. At this point, I hadn't really taken a good look at the ankle. I get her to my place and she sits down on the couch, and my roommates go, "Oh my gosh! You need to take her to the ER!" and, "Oh my gosh I've never seen anything like that!" I was putting Kelsey's stuff in my room, so I went back out to look, and it did look kinda funny! Kels took these pictures:

 
 


She just had a big marble sized lump on her ankle bone, so I took her to go get it checked out. I took her to the Emergency Room and we they told us it was busy, so we were thinking, "Oh great!" It was already 10 pm so we knew it would be a late night. They got her in for x-rays right away, which didn't show any obvious breaks (according to the technician and I's expert eyes! haha) and then we went back to the waiting room.


At 1:30 we finally got a room! By this time the ER was almost empty, and all of our fellow ER buddies had come and gone. I guess they had more serious problems than a sprained ankle. The doctor confirmed that it wasn't broken, that it was just a bad sprain, and we got some crutches and a prescription for Percocet. We got home to my place at 2:30.

I told Clark it's going to be really hard being a mom because it was hard enough watching my really-tough sister get her ankle twisted around by the doctor; what happens when I have little kids?? Yikes.

So, poor Kels is on crutches for awhile and has some nice bruising and a very big ankle. Just in time for finals and a summer job!

No comments: